Chapter 18; The Suspect

What's even the point?

What am I even doing at this point?

I'm not too sure about what's happening around me but the only thing I'm sure about is that everything's fucked up...

Why is everyone distancing themselves from me?

I still have no idea about what's happening between Henry and his dad.

I haven't heard from John and Rose for a few weeks because Rose has gone back to her place.

My dad is home on and off...

And yes! That's how it is!

Back to the world...
It's been 2 days since the holidays ended.

All of it was completely normal but Henry hadn't showed up for the past two days.
What is he doing sitting at his home?

I had set a time limit in my mind already. If he didn't come today, I would go to his house and ask him straight away.

It was morning and my dad wasn't home. I quickly had breakfast and headed out.

I felt nervous for some reason. It wasn't something different, was it?

I reached in some time and entered.
I was just walking around when I found Rose and Emily talking to each other.

I smiled and walked towards them.
"Hey Daisy! Did you know this?" Emily yelled and asked me with a completely shocked expression.

"What?"
"Rose has a boyfriend!" She whisper shouted.

"WHAT? HEY! HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO-" I was literally screaming from the surprise.

"Hey calm down. It's John." She said smiling brightly and looking away.

"Wait what? Wow I can't believe you cowards finally realised! Who proposed though?"
This was probably the most unbelievable thing I had ever heard.

"John." Emily said smirking.
"Wow I feel like a proud mom. Okay good, congratulations! By the way, have you seen John?" I turned my gaze to Emily.

"No I haven't."
I nodded my head in understanding and we all walked to our class.

And wait a minute...
Did I just see Henry!?

"Wow..he's actually here." I said, as my mouth was open.

Emily made a 'tsk' sound.
Rose just sighed and pulled Emily with her.

I just ignored it all and walked towards him.
I sat down next to him, without even looking.

"There you go again..." He sighed and opened his book.

"Wow! I think I didn't have to start a conversation this time as someone already did that." I finally looked at him. He looked the same but a bit more tired.
What has he been doing all this time?

He didn't say anything and looked away. Why was he so exhausted?

The day was going pretty normal but we didn't talk at all. I wasn't so satisfied with this situation but who am I to say.

Henry P.O.V
Everyone was now at the cafeteria. Finally no one to trouble me!

I stayed in the class for a while, thinking about what my father said that day. I didn't have a talk with him after that.

Arghh As many times as I start thinking about it, it gets even more complicated.
I sighed and stood up, not to eat of course. I've lost my appetite, almost completely.