Chapter 20; Investigation

Things make sense only when you see what's being masked and try to know what made the thing senseless in the first place...

~

"Why are we here? And why are we here with her?" Henry asked in an annoyed tone.

"Why isn't he locked up and walking around with us?" I said looking away from him.

So apparently we were in the guys' washroom where all of that mess began and I literally wanted to puke because that place wasn't fully cleaned yet.

I don't really get it though. Why would someone kill a student?
But okay, it's the murderer's wish. If only I could read his mind...

"Henry I've told you already. Daisy won't cause any problem. Let her be here. You don't know but she can actually help us. And Daisy, Henry is not proven guilty. And also he's just seventeen so the government is a bit lenient and I've gotten the permission to investigate along with him. So you're university too can't say no to this." Detective Brown said, without even looking at us as he continued walking around the washroom stall.

Henry didn't say anything after that but he just sat at a corner, trying to observe whatever was happening.

Henry is a really secretive person. No one really knows what goes on in his head. The only thing I was concerned about was that how much did this entire thing affect him.

Looking at him, I couldn't make out at all. He had a poker face as he always has. He just kept staring at whatever the detective was doing.

To be honest, when I first heard about this, I was shocked. But my mind wasn't letting me believe even for a second that Henry could do that.

I mean, of course he can kill people. He's a mafia!

But as I said when I first knew about it,
he doesn't give the mafia vibe...

He doesn't look like a person who would actually enjoy killing people. It looks as if he's just doing it for the sake of it.

Never in a million years he could kill Noah. Because there's no reason for it. Would he kill Noah just because he was bullying him? This is just stupid!

I walked over to him and sat down next to him. He passed me a maddening look and moved a foot away to create distance.

I just chuckled at the action which almost looked like a reflex he had whenever someone invaded his space.

"Look, I don't even know how you're gonna get out of this crap but I'll help you as much as I can." I smiled at him and then stood up and walked over to the detective.

"Hey Mr. Brown... Why are you the only person investigating? Don't you need help from the department?" Henry asked, as he was still observing everything from his spot.

"No, I just wanna do this alone cause I don't really trust anyone."

For the first time in a while I saw Henry smile and I had no idea why that made me feel as if I achieved something big.

A few minutes passed and it was all boring. What were we even doing there..

"Henry! Come here!" Finally the detective spoke something...

He quickly got up and walked towards us.
"Was this there earlier?" He asked as he pointed at a pen that was lying on the ground.

"I don't think so..." He said being quite unsure but sure at the same time.