Chapter 10; Shades Of Blue

Things aren't that unfair.
It's just your point of view...
~

It has been a few days since those two have shifted in the house right opposite to mine.
I don't visit them that much and I have just seen their house once.
I don't know why but it becomes awkward if I'm with them.

Dad has been quite busy these days. I wonder what's happening in his work...

.
It was evening and I was already home. I was sitting in my room, trying to focus on my study when suddenly my room's door swung open, revealing my dad in a hurry and startling me.

"Oh gosh...you scared me! Btw, are you going somewhere?"
I asked, looking at the suitcase in his hands.

"I'm sorry Daisy, I couldn't tell you earlier. It's really urgent and I have to go."

I nodded understanding everything he said.
"Okay dad. You should go now since it's very urgent. And don't worry about me." I said, passing him an assuring smile.
"I can't leave you alone here, Daisy."

"Dad....I'm not a child!" I said whining.
"You are." He said laughing.
"Ok whatever but what are you expecting me to do then?"
I asked, not quite understanding what am I supposed to do next.
"You can call any of your friend here and you can stay with her for a week."

I was completely shook by that. He never allowed me to stay without him for more than three days and now, a week!

Maybe it's very important...

"Wow....thank you!" I quickly ran towards him and hugged him.
"And if you two have any problem or need anything, Henry and John are here. They would definitely help you."

Why does he think so highly of them?

"Ya...sure."

A few minutes passed and I was the only person in the house.
Whom should I call?

Emily? No, she doesn't know that Henry is my neighbor and I don't even plan to tell her.

Rose....

~Time Skip~
I was waiting for Rose to come while watching TV when I heard the doorbell.
I quickly got up and opened the door and saw Rose with her bag and suitcase. I quickly engulfed her in my arms.
"Thank you so much for coming Rose."

She then broke the hug and began,
"Your welcome. Now will you please help me carry the stuff inside?"
"Oh ya..sure." I helped her in and then she explored my house for a while.
"Wow Daisy...your house is beautiful!"

I  just smiled at her comment and then she followed me to my room.
Later, she got changed into comfortable clothes and we had our dinner.

It was pretty fun with her. I was glad I had her or I would get bored to the point that I would start talking to myself.

~
We both were currently sitting in my room and trying to fall asleep.
It was around 2 at night but it seemed as if sleeping was impossible.

"Hey, can you sleep?" Rose asked me, as if reading my mind.
"I was just about to ask you that! And no, I can also not sleep."

"Okay then, get up!" She got up from the bed and became energetic all of a sudden.
"What?"

"Let's go to the balcony and chat for some time."
"Okay then." I didn't have any idea why I agreed to it in the first place but I guess I wasn't in the mood of sleeping at all.