Chapter 14; Lost n Found

The next day came by pretty quick. It was now night and I was trying to fall asleep but I couldn't. I was thinking about the message that Henry got.

I have to do something about it. After thinking for a while, I finally got an idea.

I took my phone from the side table and dialed a newly fed number on my phone.

"Hello John. I wanted to ask you for a favour."
"Is this Daisy? How did you get my number?"
"From Rose. You probably gave her when I was busy enjoying ice cream."
"Ok whatever. Let's come back to your favour. What is it?"
"Oh ya. From today, can you start giving me details about Henry's whereabouts? I mean, whenever he goes out of the house, can you just tell me? And please don't let him know."

"Daisy, do you know how you sound right now?"
"Oh god! It isn't in a creepy way I swear. You just have to inform me. That's it."
"I can't find this 'not suspicious' but ok I don't care. I'll tell you."

"Thank you so much." I hung up the phone and sighed in relief.

Thank god!

The next two days went by well. I was kinda shocked at the fact that Henry doesn't go out that much but it was a good thing for him.

It was evening and I was sitting on my desk and writing down the ideas that I was getting for making stories.

Suddenly, my door opened and revealed John.
"Hey! Don't you close your main door. I just entered your house and you didn't even come to know. What if I was an intruder?"

"Calm down, John. I forgot to close. Sorry. Now tell me, what makes you stand here?"
"Oh ya, I just wanted to tell you that Henry has gone out."

What!?

"Henry? Out? Why? When?" I stood up from my chair.

"Hey chill. Why are you acting this way? He just went, about 5 minutes ago and he probably went to the departmental store because almost everything is finished at our place."

"Oh my god John! You're telling me now? After 5 fucking minutes!? He would have gone so far by now..." I mumbled to myself.

I quickly grabbed my coat that I had thrown on my bed a few hours ago and wore it.
"Where are you going?" John looked quite confused. I mean...I can't blame him.

"I have to go." I said and as I was about to exit room, I stopped, realising something.

"Hey, give me Henry's number."
"Huh?" John was completely stunned.
"Here." I handed him my phone, signalling him to feed Henry's number.

"Wow..." He just smiled to himself and saved the number as,
Henry♡

I gave him the 'are-you-serious-look' but he just ignored it and handed me the phone back.
"Why did you do that?"
"It just means that this person is different from the others."

I just shook my head in disbelief and ran out of the house after talking my phone from him. I really didn't have any time to talk about that heart.

I was out now and it was freezing. Why did he have to come out in this weather?
I wasted no time in calling him but he didn't pick up.

Why is he like this?

I was walking forward towards the store. I knew which one John was talking about as I also shop from there. But someone stopped me.

It was a kid.

A little boy of about 5-6 years old. He was sobbing.

He walked to me and held my sleeve. I bent down to his level and cupped his face.