Chapter 6; The Artist

~
Another day,
Same as the previous...

I was sitting in the cafeteria with Emily when she excused herself and went to the restroom.
I was the only one sitting on the table when I got reminded of those two guys.

Which is their Mafia group?
Leave it!
Why should I worry about that...

~Time skip~
(At Nora's cafe)
"Daisy, what do you want?"
I looked up, completely sleepy and saw Emily.
We have been waiting for Rose for half an hour and she isn't here yet.
She said she would be coming back today and meet us here.

But guess who's late....

"I don't want anything Emily." I said, not trying to sound exhausted.
"Okay." And then, she went to the counter and ordered something for herself.

I couldn't stop thinking when would Rose come...
And then, she came in.
I can bet, the whole cafe came to know because of how loud she is...

I quickly got up and hugged her.
"You have no idea how much I missed you. I was literally stuck between these love birds." I said through the hug.
She started laughing and then we released from the hug.
Emily also came back and joined us.
"Hey Rose! Did you enjoy?"
"Yes ofc! You know how much I love my uncle."
We had loads of fun and spent our time talking about random things and catching up with Rose.

"Okay guys, let's go now. It's late." Emily spoke.
We both nodded and made our way out. We parted our ways at some distance and made our way to our houses.

My house was now near. But before going there, I went to the park in the nearby area.
I was walking in the park, admiring the beauty around me.
It was night but it didn't make that area less beautiful at all.

The beautiful flowers were still there, the little pond was still there, the green grass and the huge trees were still there.
It's just that, no one is there to notice it...

It was night time, so no one is expected to be there but...

I saw someone.

He was sitting on a bench but I couldn't see his face since his back was facing me.

I went closer to the figure and I noticed a sketchbook in his hands.
And what am I even seeing...

Is that even real?

He had drawn a beautiful bird in a cage.
I had no idea why the drawing was so depressing but who was even caring about that right now?

I was totally hypnotized by the beauty of the drawing...
How can a human draw like that?

It was a pencil drawing so when I went closer, the white paper showed my shadow.

Oh shit! I'm so dumb!

The boy quickly closed the sketchbook in an instant and I backed away.
He turned his face around and that's when I was close to having a panic attack.

I couldn't see the stars and the moon anymore, neither the beautiful things I was talking about earlier.

All I could see was Henry.

"You?" We both said at the same time. I was beyond surprised.

"What are you doing here at night?" I asked him, breaking the silence and sitting next to him.

"What if I ask you the same question?"
I rolled my eyes at his question, completely done with him but I called down.

"If you ask me this question, I would answer, unlike you"
I said pointing towards him.
"I was at a nearby cafe with Rose and Emily. I was going back home but suddenly I felt a ghost's presence around me. I was very surprised! But you know, I'm not scared of these stupid things so I came in that presence's direction and found you! Are you satisfied with this answer or should I make it sound more interesting?"
I asked looking at him, with puppy eyes and a sarcastic smile and he looked away and sighed. I lightly chuckled and started looking at the moon when I realized,
"And Henry...that drawing! Have you made it?"
He suddenly turned to look at me in disbelief.
"What makes you think I can't draw?" He paused for a moment.
"And you're not telling anyone about this."

This guy has no brain...

"What? Why do you wanna hide it?" He paused for a moment but spoke...
" I don't like getting attention and i don't think it's that good"

Yeah...definitely...
No brain....

"You know what, you're out of your mind. You think it's not good? Are you okay?
I can't even hold a pencil properly while drawing and look at you!"

I shook my head in disbelief in a dramatic way.
We were quiet for some time when I broke the silence.

"Okay, you don't like your art but I extremely love it! Can you show me your other art works please..." I just didn't say because of the sake of talking to him but I actually meant it.

"No." He wasted no time in blandly responding.

"Why are you like this?" I said and turned away from him.
He got up with his sketch book and started walking away.
"Hey!" I called him and started following him.
"Are you ignoring me?"
I asked him, not believing his attitude.

But this rude ass didn't give any response.

It kept repeating for a while. I was calling out for him and he was ignoring me. We both were walking around the park silently.
It was silent for a while but he suddenly broke it.

"Daisy, why are you doing this?" He asked me with a poker face.
I stopped walking and so did he.
"What do you mean?" I asked, not understanding his point.
"I mean, why are you trying to become my friend? What good have I ever done to you?" He asked in his deep voice.
"Why are you saying that? Why do you not like the idea of having friends? Don't you like it when you have trustworthy people around you whom you can address as friends?"
And then, I started walking again, and he followed me.

"I know it might be weird for you. Suddenly someone wants to become your friend for no good reason. Even I don't know. I can't help it.
I'm like this...
I think everyone, whether good or bad, deserves a friend. Every time I see someone lonely, it's just a reflex of mine to approach that person." I faced him after speaking. He didn't say anything and just nodded.

I know a bit about him already but I'm sure it isn't the most important part.

"Did you have any friends earlier or were you like this since the beginning?" I asked out of the blue.

Even I didn't know why I was asking that but I was definitely feeling guilty after seeing the sudden expression change in his face. He was alright but when I asked him about his friends, his face turned into an expressionless and stoic one.

Why did I have to ask him that?

He turned to look at me and I kept looking at him.
That mark on his forehead...
I don't know why but

It rings a bell...

I brushed that thought and tried to change the topic.
"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked tha-"
"I had."
He cut me off leaving me completely surprised.
I knew he had friends but I didn't expect him to tell me the truth. However, what he said next surprised me even more.

"And that's why I don't wanna have friends again..."

~

A/N;

Hi guys! We are back...
Hope y'all are doing well.
Sorry for late updates...

And also, there's a bit foreshadowing which is pretty obvious, you might have already caught it :D

We'll update sooner now.
Let's meet in the next chapter :)
~