Chapter 5: Stay away from him

Normal POV

"Hinata-sama-!" Hinata was sleeping.

"I heard someone else here, I’m sure… What’s this?" He looked at the jacket.

"Naruto-kun… please don’t tell anyone..." Hinata spoke from her sleep.

"Uzumaki… Naruto… He was here!" It enraged Neji. It's better for Hinata to avoid him. Naruto is not good enough for her… He still had those thoughts in his head.

"... Neji, where’s Hinata?..." Hiashi called him over the radio.

"... It was exhausting for her and she fell asleep…"

"... I was counting on it. Well, she did a good job. She deserves a rest…"

"…I understand…" Neji carried her on his back.

"Huh? Where am I?" Hinata was scared. She knew she fell asleep on the roof. Then she noticed she’s lying in her own bed.

"Was it Neji-nii-san again?" She saw a jacket next to her bed.

"It belongs to Naruto-kun… So it wasn’t a dream. I really killed someone…" She felt uneasy about it and was shaking.

"That’s, that’s so cruel. People should not kill themselves. They should love each other. But that's just my dream. Nothing like this can happen in the real world."

*Knock* *Knock*

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"Hinata-sama, it's lunch!" said Neji.

"Huh? What time is it?" She looked at her alarm clock.

"It’s already 12 am?! I have to get ready!" Hinata got out of bed quickly and changed. Then she came to the dining room.

"How nice of you to show up here at all."

"I’m sorry, Father."

"Well, I'm not blaming you. You must be exhausted after yesterday. But you did well."

"Huh?! I don't remember the last time my father praised me!" thought Hinata.

"Hinata-sama, can I speak with you?"

"Of course."

"All right, we'll go somewhere else." Neji dragged her into the warehouse.

"Something happened?"

"You should know that, shouldn’t you?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"On the roof… you weren't alone yesterday, what's that supposed to mean?"

"H-how do you know?"

"You talked from sleep and you were wearing his jacket. Please don't make a fool of me." Hinata was horrified. Now there’s no escape.

"I don’t know what you are talking about…" Neji punched the wall.

"It was Uzumaki Naruto! Don’t try to deny it!" Hinata was scared, she had never seen Neji so upset.

"He, he was just making sure I’m all right! He didn’t try anything. And he doesn’t know anything about!"

"But he knows that you killed someone. He can turn you over to the police."

"I, I believe him. Naruto-kun is not a rat."

"You are so naive. It's dangerous now. If he finds out more about us, we'll have to kill him! We can't afford to make mistakes like this or we'll end up in jail!"

"Kill him…?" thought Hinata.

"Don't talk to him anymore. Avoid him as best you can. Your every contact with him can lead to his further discovery. And you know what happens next…" said Neji and left. Hinata couldn't keep it to herself anymore and started crying.

"Naruto-kun… I’m so sorry…"