Chapter 6: Stolen diary

The next day, when Hinata woke up, her eyes were swollen. She cried all night without a break.

"Why can’t I live like a normal high school girl? Well, I guess this is not my decision…" She changed and went to school. She skipped breakfast in the morning because she had no taste at all. TenTen was waiting for her at school.

"TenTen-chan?"

"Hinata, your eyes…"

"Oh, it’s nothing you should worry about. I just had a bad sleep."

"So you can speak."

"I’m sorry about Friday. I just didn’t feel like talking to anyone…"

"It’s all right, everyone has their bad days, right?" She smiled at her.

"Umm!" Hinata smiled back. Suddenly she saw Naruto walking past them. He yawned the whole time. Like Hinata, he could not sleep all night.

"Naruto-kun-." Hinata wanted to talk to him, but then she remembered Neji's words.

"Every your contact with him shortens his life…" Naruto turned when he heard Hinata, but she was no longer there.

"Probably the wind…" thought Naruto and continued on his way.

"Hey Hinata! Why did you drag me away?!"

"I-I’m sorry."

"It was Naruto, right? Are you avoiding him like you avoid me the last Friday?" Hinata was quiet.

"Why?!"

"We just had a fight and I don’t feel like talking to him." It is not so painful to lie than to tell the truth.

"Disagreement?"

"S-something like that."

"I understand you, boys are useless when it comes to this."

"Ohayo, Hinata!" Ino greeted Hinata.

"O-ohayo…"

"Ino? What's that supposed to mean?" Ino wasn’t alone. There was Shikamaru and Choji with her.

"I see you befriended your old friends. How ironic," said TenTen.

"Ino changed. She’s not that drama queen you used to know anymore," said Shikamaru.

"Shikamaru?" Ino didn’t expect Shikamaru to stand up for her.

"As he said!" added Choji.

"Is it true, Ino?" asked TenTen.

"Umm, it is. I separated from Sakura. She's exaggerated a bit."

"When?" asked Hinata.

"It was after she dumped Naruto, she’s becoming more and more obsessed with Sasuke-kun. I'm worried about her."

"How?"

"She stole his diary to know where he is."

"That’s not good. Sasuke-kun is the same like me. That would be bad if they found her!" thought Hinata.

"Where is she?!" asked Hinata.

"She should be in front of school, waiting for him." Hinata ran there.

"What’s going on?" asked Ino.

"No idea," said TenTen. Ino was right, Sakura was really there. Sasuke just arrived.

"Sasuke-kun!" He ignored her, but her smile didn’t fade away.

"Sakura-chan!" said Hinata.

"Hinata? What do you want? Go to your beloved loser!" Hinata grabbed her wrist.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Come with me!"

"A-all right." Hinata dragged her behind the school.

"What are we doing here?"

"Ino-chan said you had stolen Sasuke-kun’s diary."

"That traitor! I did, so what?"

"C-can I look at it?"

"Why would I lend it to you?"

"Because I can tell Sasuke-kun about it."

"Tss, fine." Sakura threw it at her.

"Thanks." Hinata read it. There wasn’t anything suspicious. It was just about school and his hobbies.

"Can you give it back?"

"Here!" Hinata handed it to her.

"And for your information, we are not friends anymore. Mind your own business!" said Sakura and left.

"Maybe I overdid it with that slap…" thought Hinata. Then she returned to the class. It was spring already. The birds were singing and the sun was shining. Just Hinata’s heart was shattered. Naruto was her sun and when he wasn’t around, the world was falling down.