Chapter 9: An Orphan

Still Naruto's POV

Falsback

"Yeey, finally elementary school!"

"Naruto, don't make trouble and learn hard! Then I'll pick you up!"

"All right, Pervy Sage!" Pervy Sage left. I was there alone, but I was looking forward to making friends. I haven't had any to this day.

"Hey, I’m Uzumaki Naruto!" I met one boy. He stood at the school and waved to his parents.

"Did you say something?" He was uninterested.

"I’m Uzumaki Naruto, dattebayo!! Who are you?!" I pointed at him.

"Uhh, so loud. I’m Mieko."

"Mieko?"

"Horuki Mieko."

"Nice to meet you, Mieko!!" I handed him my hand, but he slapped it.

"For you it’s Mieko-san!"

"Huh?"

"And… where are your parents?"

"I… don’t have any…" I said.

"Nanda, you are an orphan?" he smirked.

"But my godfather is taking care of me!"

"Tss, still you are an orphan."

"What did you say-ttebayo?!" I threw him to the ground. I scratched his face and growled at him.

"Now you are acting like a… fox!" He pushed me away.

"After all, you don’t have parents, monster."

"Stop it-ttebayo!" He laughed.

End of flashback

"That’s terrible!! How did he come up with the fox?!"

"I don’t know, I was wearing everything orange that day so maybe I reminded him of it. But then it went awry. Mieko slandered me, and everyone was making fun of that I was an orphan. I never found friends because of him. For some reason, everyone started hating me and they believed the foolish lie with the fox. They were small children then, so maybe they believed it. But I don't understand that anyone can believe that until now."

"Why would anyone believe that at this age?"

"Just look." I handed her my phone. It was my social network account. I received several messages on my sixteenth birthday.

Most were from them. I ignored it, but now that Mieko is back, I don't want to experience it again. Most of the messages should offend me and force me to die. As if some cyberbullying could destroy me. I just don't want to lose my friends…

"Naruto-kun, I think they are just jealous of you."

"Why? They had everything!" She smiled.

"They knew you are strong! Stronger than them. You lost your parents at very young age and still you managed to smile. Who could do that? You are actually incredible." She said gently. I can’t believe it. She believes me over them! She's the one… I had to smile.

"Thanks, Hinata!" She blushed for some reason. Like always.

"And thank you for what you did."

"I just made everything worse…"

"But you wanted to help me! I appreciate that!" She smiled again.

"Naruto-kun, I will always be by your side…!" Did I hear right?

"What?"

"N-nothing!" Her face was red.

"The funeral is on Monday, right?" I changed the theme. I don’t want to talk just about myself. Hinata has her own problems. But now I understand her more when she became an orphan.

"It is."

"Don’t worry, I’ll definitely come-ttebayo!" She giggled.

"The funeral wouldn't have to be so sad with you… I think." Am I really that positive? We talked. It was nice, but we forgot the time and stayed in school longer than necessary.

"Oi Naruto, don’t flirt and give me some food! I’m hungry!" K-Kurama?!!

"Temme, what are you doing here??!" He climbed out of my bag.

"It speaks!!" Hinata was shocked.

"I know, right?" He brags again.

"Didn't you say you wouldn't talk to Hinata?"

"I did, but I’m really hungry, so i don't care anymore." That annoying fox!

"Kuraa-ma, is that?" Hinata wanted to make sure.

"Hey girl, I'm Kurama, all right?"

"That’s awesome! It really speaks!" She was happy. She hugged it and Kurama let her. He would bite me right away or something, why is Hinata different? I-I see. It rested on her chest. That bastard!

And now it’s Kakashi’s time to shine!😉