Chapter 8: Friendship

Hinata's POV

"So… how’s your relationship with Naruto? Are you dating or…"

"W-well, no. Not yet!" I covered my mouth.

"Not yet, huh. So you still have feelings for that loser."

"He’s not a loser! Even though he has bad grades, he still tries. He's trying to fix it and he's doing his best! He probably seems like a failure to others, but I admire him for all this!"

"He’s annoying too."

"He’s not annoying! He just wants to get everyone’s attention because he had no friends before! He’s just trying to befriend everyone!" I said what I had in mind.

"I understand now. Hinata, you are really incredible. You have refuted all my assumptions about Naruto. He’s one lucky guy, really."

"Kiba-kun…"

"I knew you would reject me if I asked you on a date. That’s why I made it into a friendly walk. At least for you. I still take this as a date!" He smiled.

"You are really nice, Kiba-kun."

"But I’m not the one you love. I know that I interrupted you when you wanted to tell him. I know you were just about to confess. That’s the reason why I interrupted you. Because I would have no chance then."

"What do you mean? It’s not sure that he would accept my feelings…"

"He would. I smell it."

"Y-you smell it?"

"Maybe you think it’s one-sided love, but I smell it’s not. You know, I have a good sense of smell!" He touched his nose. But Naruto-kun never showed me any hints. Why should I believe it?

"D-don’t give me false hope. He always liked Sakura-chan."

"Hinata, you must be blind! I have never seen him showing some interest in her since few months ago. I think it was in October. And he argued with me because of you."

"He did?"

"You know, if I didn’t like you I would never told you this because I don’t like him and I wouldn’t do anything like this for him. But yeah, he was jealous of me. Because of you. If he didn’t like you, why would he be jealous, hmm?" He smirked and I blushed. Did he really do that?

"Thank you for telling me, Kiba-kun! I still have a chance!"

"That’s it, huh? Just thank you…" He was said. He’s right, he deserves more. So… I kissed him on the cheek. He touched it and blushed.

"Woah, I didn’t expect this."

"You deserved it, Kiba-kun." He blushed. Akamaru came to us.

"Did you play enough, Akamaru?"

"Woof!! Woof!!"

"Heh, Hinata, we are going, but I will escort you home. As a gentleman."

"Y-you don’t have to!"

"I said it, didn’t I? That I take this as my first date." I blushed.

"You deserve someone better than me, Kiba-kun."

"If only someone like that existed, Hinata! Hahah!" I blushed.

"R-Rebacca-chan, for example?"

"That chick who slapped you because of me? No, thanks. I don’t like drama queens." She will hate me even more now... But love shouldn’t be forced.

"H-how do you know?"

"I have a good nose. I knew something smelled wrong and I went there. I heard everything. And I’m sorry for that, Hinata. That Mieko guy manipulated them. Stupid girls. There are good guys too. But they are all blind."

"I have to be blind too then," I said and felt guilty.

"You? Never. You fell in love with someone like Naruto and not because of his look. I know that because I’m hotter than him and you still chose him over me! Hahah!" He’s really confident. It’s great. He escorted me home as he promised.

"So… this is the end of our date, I guess."

"Friends?" I asked and handed him my hand. He smiled.

"Friends! And say hi to Naruto!" I blushed.

"Heh, it’s so easy to make you blush!"

"K-Kiba-kun!"

"Well, goodbye, Hinata!" He said.

"Woof!! Woof!!" Akamaru said goodbye too.

"But Akamaru really likes you, so we will go out often from now on!"

"Of course!" I waved at them. They kept moving away and eventually left. I’m so lucky Kiba-kun is a good guy and understood my real feelings. It would hurt me if he didn’t. Hanabi already waited for me.

"Friends, huh?"

"You heard it?"

"He’s so loud and I had an open window. So yeah. I heard him."

"Yes, he understood me and accepted our friendship."

"Hah, friendzone!" She laughed.

"It’s not funny! I’m really glad he was good with being just friends!"

"I know, it was just funny!" I smiled.

"By the way, what are you doing? It smells nice…"

"It’s a cake. For you, Nee-sama!"

"F-for me? Why would you do that?"

"You represent our mother. And you are doing a great job. So I thought that this will make you happy, Nee-sama!" I hugged her.

"I don’t deserve you, Hanabi!"

"Don’t say this! Then I wouldn’t deserve you too!" I giggled. I have a perfect family. Although it is incomplete. But Neji-nii-san is late. He didn’t come back and I’m worried. I tried to call him.

"Hello? Hinata-sama, is that you?"

"Neji-nii-san, where are you?!"

"Well, I found Naruto. And now I’m in Sunagakure."

"Naruto-kun?! And what are you doing in Sunagakure?!"

"Right now I’m tutoring that idiot."

"Is that Hinata?! Oi Hinata!" It was Naruto-kun. He was happy… And I blushed.

"Tss, shut up, idiot!!" Neji-nii-san punched him. I giggled.

"So, Hinata-sama. I have to talk to you, but I have a lot of questions, so I’ll talk to you tomorrow…" What would he want? I’m a little scared I did something wrong…

"Anyway, it’s late. Don’t worry, they promised they will take us to school tomorrow. Temari can drive and they have a car thanks to Gaara. Well, I have to tutor Naruto now, so don’t wait for me and go to sleep. You must be tired."

"Oi Neji, what was that for!! I just wanted to talk to her-!!" Neji-nii-san hang up. He’s protective as always. I like that about him, but sometimes he’s too protective… Well, it’s 10 pm so I’ll make sure Hanabi is sleeping and I will go to bed too…

...

I hope I unraveled it at least a little now, the plot was quite tangled... 💁
This story is pretty long and it's hard to end. I don't know how long it will be, but thank you for your patience... 🙏

Edit: All right! I ended it! Now I will write a sequel. There is also the possibility that there will be more than one sequel ... But I don't promise anything! ❤️