Chapter 10: Neji's visit

… Three days later

Hinata’s POV

I was fine after three days. My leg and arms healed, but I still had bandages to keep me from getting an infection. Today I was finally returning home and Neji-nii-san was to come for me. I was just packing when I heard something.

"H-Hinata?" It was Naruto-kun! He finally woke up!

"Naruto-kun?"

"Where am I?! Where is Sasuke?! Are you all right?!" He was confused. I can't be surprised.

"Don’t worry!" I smiled. He looked at me confused. He also saw the bandages.

"Did Sasuke do that?"

"No, no… It was someone else, but don’t worry about it. It’s over."

"Over?! What do you mean?! Where are we?!"

"We are in the hospital. Your injury was serious and that's why you slept for three days."

"Three days-ttebayo?!"

"I’m sorry."

"Huh? What?"

"You ended up here because of me. That's why Sasuke-kun hurt you…"

"Don’t apologize! It was my own decision!"

"H-how…?"

"How what?"

"How did you know where I am? It was supposed to be a secret."

"I don’t know. I got a message from anonymous user."

"T-that’s weird. It had to be someone who knew about this. Maybe someone from Uchiha family."

"Let’s not worry about that anymore… What’s more important! What happened when I was here?!" I bowed my head. My bangs fell into my eyes.

"My father… died." Naruto-kun was shocked.

"H-how?!"

"My father knew it was his destiny for his crimes. He didn't even defend himself and Fugaku-san shot him three-times… I… couldn’t do anything. My arms and leg were shot. Even so, I should have tried something."

"That’s bullshit. You would get yourself killed."

"D-demmo!"

"There was Neji, right? Even he wasn’t able to do anything. Don’t think about it this way! It’s not your fault!"

"Y-you are right. I would go insane…"

"Condolences. I bet your father would be proud of you. How you dealt with it, dattebayo."

"Are you sure? My father always saw me as a disappointment."

"He was just hiding his true feelings! Don’t worry about it!"

"You are right! I still have to arrange a funeral and... tell Hanabi…"

"I see, Hanabi. How old is your sister?"

"11 years old."

"That information was true," thought Naruto.

"Well, I hope it will go well."

"T-thank you." I had to blush. He was nice to me even after I caused him.

*knock*

*knock*

Suddenly a nurse came in.

"Mr. Uzumaki, I have to ask you for an x-ray now that you're awake."

"X-ray?"

"We need to know if your tissues have healed. Oh, and Ms. Hyuuga, someone came to visit you. It's probably an escort when you can go home."

"Escort? Hinata, you're going home?"

"Y-yes. I'm fine now, so I'd just get in the way. In addition, I have to arrange a few things besides the funeral."

"I see, so see you soon!" He smiled at me. I couldn’t be more happy. Thanks to him, I was able to forget about everything bad… Then he and the nurse left, and Neji-nii-san entered the door.

"Tss, do you have to be in the room with him?"

"Other rooms are full… And what do you still have against him? He saved me. Without him, I would probably be dead by now!" I had to stand up for him. Neji-nii-san doesn’t understand it.

"So this is the first time I've heard of this. What happened?"

"Sasuke-kun found me. Well, I let him find me. I thought that was the only way out and I gave up. He was ready to kill me, but Naruto-kun got in the way and took the hit for me."

"That Uchiha brat. I knew something was weird about him!"

"I was just like him. I had the same task. Why is he the only one weird?"

"You are right. But still, he almost killed you."

"But he didn’t!"

"Well, Naruto protected you when I couldn't. I owe this to him." I smiled. I think Neji-nii-san has changed since that day.

"Sorry I didn't come earlier. I had to take care of the body. We need it for the funeral."

"Thank you."

"Huh?"

"Thank you for taking care of things when I’m not capable of it."

"You don’t have to thank me! He was my family too. I didn't say anything to Hanabi, it's up to you." I think Hanabi will take it hard. She is still a child, so father never treated her badly.

"Leave it to me!" I smirked.

"I'm glad you've recovered."

"You have your share in that too. Thanks to you, I didn't worry so much," I said. It's true though.

"Well, I think that’s true."