―♡ c h a p t e r - z e r o . o n e ♡―

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

e t e r n a l l y
♡― c h a p t e r - z e r o . o n e ―♡
↳ p r o l o g u e

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ever since heeyul was young, she loved the art of music and dance.

she loved the different emotions that can be expressed through dance, without having to say anything at all.

when it came to singing, she was fascinated with the different techniques singers used. they way the could easily go from forte to piano, decrescendo to crescendo and easily go from one octave to another.

her parents have always been very supportive of her, and seeing how she was always so enthusiastic about dancing, they helped her start learning from a young age.

in the beginning, being more into dance she started taking ballet classes when she was five. and as she grew older, slowly moved onto other dance generes like jazz and tap.

around the age of eight is when she got interested in singing. if they were listening to the radio, she would quickly pick up the tune and start humming along to the song. she was always singing by herself, and it wasn't deniable that she had a beautiful voice.

so for her ninth birthday, she asked her parents if she could also start taking singing lessons. they were hesitant at first since she was still very young and was already taking her ballet and jazz classes.

but thanks to her brother, he helped convince their parents to let her continue pursuing her dream, so a week later, she was enrolled into a class.

skipping forward, in 2016 her family took a trip to south korea for the first time since heeyul was born.

while they were there, she was introduced to the beautiful world of kpop.

it was all she could ever dream of.

the different concepts, choreographies, vocals, visuals. to say the least she was astonished.

and that's when she said "i want to be an idol"

after their month long trip, when she got back to her homeland she started researching the kpop industry. she was intimidated at first, but heeyul always loved a good challenge.

she was very picky about when she would tell her family about her dream.

she waited until dinner one day, when she was able to notice that everyone was in a good mood.

they were finished eating when she finally got the courage to say "i want to be a kpop idol"

her parents were surprised at the sudden statement, but at the same time they expected it.

they noticed the sudden interest in her culture, how often they would hear her singing along to a song in her broken korean.

especially how intrigued she was when they had visited korea.

her mother sighed "marisol" she said, calling her by her birth name. "don't you think your a little to young to start training? you're barely fourteen" she said.

she eagerly shook her head "mamá, there are a lot of idols that debut at my age, or they start training at twelve or thirteen years old" she said.

"sol, do you really think you could do this? you know you'd have to move to korea, and learn a new language" asked her father finally speaking up.

she nodded "if i wasn't so sure about my decision, i would have never brought it up" she said.

"you guys know how passionate i am about singing and dancing. being a kpop idol is my dream. being able to do both and potentially doing it with other girls my age"

she continued "i know you guys won't have an answer right away, but please think about how happy i would be if you guys say yes. plus if i make it big one day, you'd get free tickets to concerts" she said, trying to joke at the end.

her dad chuckled and looked her mom. giving her a look that marisol knew very well. making a smile slowly creep onto her face.

"start looking for audition dates then" he said smiling.

marisol stood from her chair and gave her parents a hug out of thankfulness.

"sol, you better give me free tickets to your concerts" said her brother before embracing her into a hug.

it was october when marisol and her mother traveled to korea for her first auditions.

there was a convention happening and hundreds of company's would be sending people to scout young boys and girls.

to say she was nervous was an understatement.

she was confident in what she had prepared but that didn't take away the nervousness she felt when she would enter the audition room and face the five to seven judges in front of her.

while she was there, she applied to about fifteen companies, making it to the auditions for seven of them.

out of the seven companies, four of them wanted her to train with them.

starship, rbw, cube, and bighit.

she was given contracts by the four of them, so that she could read them and ultimately decide which one she would join. and after two weeks of contemplation she decided to join bighit entertainment.

december 7th, 2016 was when she was officially training under bighit.

she had learned that it was only until recently that bighit started scouting girls, and she was the lucky first pick of the company.

being the only girl, meant that most of the time she would be training with the boys. out of her five classes of the day, two of them were with female teachers for dance and vocals.

it was a while before more girls joined but by 2019 she was no longer alone, accompanied by three other girls.

by that time, bighit has already debuted tomorrow x together. they had also been in the talks of debuting heeyul as a soloist, as they thought the other girls weren't ready to be in a group yet.

that was until bighit decided to start the planning of a survival show.

the program was originally supposed to have 24 male trainees, but one of them got into an accident and broke his tibia, which meant that there would be an empty spot.

bang sihyuk was in a rush trying to find someone to replace him, until he had an idea to give heeyul that spot.

although there were early discussions of a solo debut, heeyul had voiced many times how she wished to debut in a group, although it wasn't completely up to her.

the pd ended up having a meeting with the girl, to discuss her participation in the show, and to be honest, she liked it.

she's always liked challenging herself, and she thought this would be a great opportunity to do so. so she agreed.

that's how she made it into the iland, and eventually, debut as a member of enhypen.