―♡ c h a p t e r - e l e v e n ♡―

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

e t e r n a l l y
♡― c h a p t e r - e l e v e n ―♡

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

with award season quickly approaching, enhypen is preparing for their first mnet asian music awards.

the given taken choreo was already as perfect as it could be, the only thing they now had to learn was the intro.

luckily it wasn't very difficult, only taking about two hours to learn. all they had to do was work on the details until it was perfect.

"alright everyone, it's time to go home" announced jungwon.

"actually, i'm gonna stay to go on vlive for a while" said heeyul.

"are you sure? your not too tired?" said heeseung.

the girl shook her head, "no, i'll be back soon" she reassured.

jungwon nodded and the members started gathering their things, preparing themselves to leave.

heeyul waved the members off as they left.

she turned around and from the corner of her eye she saw a backpack on the counter.

"jake forgot his bag" she mumbled and sighed.

just as she was setting up to go live, the door opened.

"where did everyone go?" asked jake, a towel and his old clothes in his hand. making her realize that he had taken a shower.

"they left a few minutes ago" she said.

"why didn't you leave with them?" he asked, taking a seat next to her on the floor.

"i was gonna talk to engene for a bit"

and suddenly she smiled, "you've got a new hat on today" she said, seeing that it wasn't his usual black one.

he took it off and nodded as he ruffled his damp hair. "actually, i got this one back in australia" he said.

he continued, "i hope i can take you there one day"

"w-well i hope i can take all of you there" he said, letting out an awkward chuckle.

"do you miss it there?" she asked, switching over to english.

jake nodded, "i miss my family the most"

"and layla" he added with a smile.

"but i should be asking you that. you've been away from home way longer than i have" he said.

the girl sighed, remembering the many nights she spent crying because of how much she missed her family.

"it was really hard for me when i first left. at one point i considered quitting because of how much i missed them" she admitted.

"what really?!" he said in shock.

ever since he met heeyul, he's always thought that she's meant to be an idol. the amount of passion and dedication she has for her job makes him truly believe that's it's her destiny to be on a stage.

not once had it crossed his mind that she would've had second thoughts about it.

"when i told my parents i wanted to quit they literally told me that i'd have to figure out how to get back home on my own. they didn't want to help me abandon my dream"

the girl remained quiet. it had been a while since heeyul openly talked about her trainee days like that. not even with those she was closest to during that time. there was something about jake that didn't make her hesitate talking about her feelings.

he noticed how she suddenly became quiet as she stared at the floor.

"i remember this one time that i had a soccer tournament, it rained earlier that day and during the game some kicked the ball and it hit the side of my head and got mud all over my face" he said and laughed.

heeyul gasped before she start laughing along with him, "oh my gosh were you okay?!"

jake shook his head, "nope, seven year old me was devastated" he said and let out and exaggerated sigh.

"but did you win the match?" she asked.

"of course, 4-1" he said, biting his lip as he nodded.

heeyul laughed, "your not the only one though. once during a dance recital i fell at the end of it and my partner didn't even bother helping me get up, he just bowed and felt" she said and covered her face in embarrassment.

the amount of stories they had to tell about their childhood seemed endless.

jake was talking about a family trip to the beach when heeyul couldn't help but stare at him. she observed the tiny mole he had on the side of his face. the way the corners of his lips curl up whenever he smiled as he recalled the memory.

she felt a bubbly feeling rise in her stomach as she felt her heart glowing once again.

"you should probably take a picture, it'll last longer" he teased, interrupting her thoughts.

embarrassed, she lightly pushed his shoulder before looking at the clock on the wall.

"its already been an hour" she said in surprise.

"we don't have anything scheduled until tomorrow afternoon right?" he asked and heeyul nodded.

"do you wanna go grab some food?" he asked.

"ramyeon?" she suggested and jake smiled.

"of course"

they decided on going to a small restaurant cross the street.

"i think the ramyeon you make tastes better than this one" she said.

jake stifled a laugh, "i literally make it straight from the packet" he said, making them both break out into a fit of giggles.

their laughter was quickly interrupted when heeyul's phone started ringing.

"who is it?" asked jake.

"its heeseung oppa" she replied, answering the call.

"heeyul-ie are you okay?" he asked.

heeyul mumbled, "yeah why?" she asked.

"its been nearly two hours since we left, and we noticed you didn't go live" he said.

"oh, jake and i decided to hang out instead. but we'll be home soon" she reassured.

after ending the call they quickly finished eating.

"what are you doing?" asked heeyul as she saw jake taking out his wallet.

"i'm gonna go pay the bill" he said and quickly left the table, knowing that heeyul would've wanted to split it.

he returned a few minutes later and she sent him a playful glare.

"you know i wasn't going to let you pay" he said, giving her a smile.

"come on, lets go"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

i've been thinking about writing another iland episode, would you guys be interested in another iland chapter?

as always, thank you. have a lovely day/night <3