Chapter 2

It had been 8 days since (Y/n) declared his mission to Levi and a week since he had started bringing tea with a note to cheer up Levi's busy days. (Y/n) didn't personally bring the tea, instead he asked Petra to bring it to Levi on his behalf.

When Levi received it he wouldn't say anything. He would simply drink up the delicious tea and tossed aside the note, not bothering to see what was inside.

He could honestly not care less about it, but it was a different story for Petra. She would get irritated whenever she saw him just tossed the pieces of paper like it was nothing. She knew (Y/n) and she could list out many good things about his kind heart. So seeing that his notes were easily tossed aside pissed her off.

"Sir?" Petra stood in front of Levi's desk with an angry expression.

"What is it?" He didn't look up, he kept writing and occasionally sipped the tea (Y/n) had made for him. Petra took a deep breath and clinched her fist, ready for the anger that he could unleash after what she was about to say.

"You should read the notes (Y/n) have been bringing you. He is a kind hearted person with the well being of everyone in his mind. So receiving something like this from him only means he wants the best for you. So, please, read it." Petra said shutting her eyes and bowing ready for whatever was to come. Levi sat his pen down and gave Petra a piercing look.

"Are you ordering your superiors, cadet?" He said crossing his arms, sitting up, waiting for her response.

"No, Sir. I was simply suggesting." She got up from her bow and looked at Levi fearful as his stare turned sharp. There was a pause, the two were staring into each other's eyes, seeing which one would crack first. Levi sighed, being the first one to stop the eye staring contest that seemed to form between the two.

"Even if I want to, which I don't, I throw those papers away. So there's nothing we can do about it." Levi picked up his pen and was about to start writing when Petra quickly interrupted.

"Actually, Sir." Petra reached into her pocket pulling out the notes Levi had tossed away. She figured he might need them someday. "I picked them up before you trashed them." She then gently placed them on his desk.

"You shouldn't be going through someone's personal stuff." Levi said glaring at her.

"I know, Sir. But I figured you would need them someday, so I keep them secure for you. And don't worry I didn't read any of them, I promise." She then smiled trying to make him trust her words.

"Fine." Levi said rubbing his eyes over the bridge of his nose. "I'll read them when I'm alone. I don't want anyone finding out about this."

"I'll take my leave, so you can read them." Petra walked out of the room, closing the door. "Later, Sir."

"Whatever, brat." Levi put his pen down again and grabbed the notes. He quickly examined them seeing them folded and all listed 1-7 for each day it came.

"Tch" He said as he placed down all of them except the one with a one circled in the front. To each of them in order, he opened it up and read them.

Day 1
Good Morning, Sir Levi. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Day 2
Heard you spend the day at your desk. It's nice to take a break once in a while.

Day 3
Mike told me you're having a meeting today. Good luck.

Day 4
If you have a favorite type of tea flavor, tell me so I can make it for you.

Day 5
I saw you training with the cadets the other day. I now see why they call you Humanity's Strongest Soldier. You're amazing!

Day 6
Hange was talking about you today and from the sound of it you're so cool.

After reading all the notes Levi chuckled under his breath, but it was quickly replaced with a groan.

I don't have time for this. He ruffled his hair as he picked up the last pieces of paper.

Day 7
I just wanted to tell you that if you need to talk or just need someone by your side, I'm here.

Levi frowned, but that frown slowly turned into a small smile.

"Tch. Brat." Levi said as he covered his smile with his hand. A nice warm feeling filled Levi up. A feeling that felt foreign to him. A nice feeling of comfort through the years of pain. It could never erase the memories of those years, but it did bring him a bit of peace that he longed for.

You're not so bad after all, brat.