Chapter 14

After (Y/n)'s death, everything was quiet. All the soldiers mourned his death. He was well acquainted with everyone, bringing smiles for their troubled days. But his death hit the ones closest to him more.

Every time Hange would give a lesson about titans, they would turn to (Y/n)'s usual sitting place only to be hit with reality all over again.

Erwin, out of habit, would fix a table for their little tea and cookies party, but stop halfway remembering that (Y/n) was no longer here.

Mike completely shut down after his death. He wouldn't talk, barely eat, and have little sleep. His squad would try comforting him, even though they were having a hard time accepting (Y/n)'s death.

And lastly, Levi. He was lost in his own world. Not making contact with anyone. Erwin, Hange, and Petra tried getting him to talk to them, but it would never work. He lost all the shine in his eyes. His world became grey and fuzzy.

And when night comes, he would sit in his seat waiting for everyone to leave him as he breaks down. The people around him could tell he still cries about his death from his red puffy eyes.

He didn't get any sleep, not being used to sleeping without (Y/n) watching over him. Petra tried comforting him by making tea, but he wouldn't drink it.

It wasn't the same.

Nothing was the same.

He would spend countless hours reading all the notes (Y/n) would write to him. They were the only things he had of him.

---

Petra stood in front of Levi's office. She frowned in hesitation as her hand neared the door handle. All of the sudden the door opened, showing Levi in a well dressed outfit.

"C-Captain!"

Petra was surprised, Levi was about to leave his office. He hadn't done that since (Y/n)'s death, only to shower and some other essential things.

"I'm heading out." Levi said as he got out and closed the door. "I'll be back."

"R-Right." Petra saluted as she moved to the side and let him pass.

Petra was happy he had finally left his office, but something about his expression said he was still in so much pain.

Of course he is still mourning. (Y/n) was special to him. He was to everyone. I hope he gets through this the best way possibly.

Petra watched as Levi walked away. Levi left the building. He wore a black suit with a white shirt under. He was planning to go visit (Y/n)'s grave.

Everyone of the cadets insisted on getting (Y/n) a grave since he did have anyone to do it for him.

After sometime, Levi was walking on a little path in the cemetery with dark red flowers. He passed many other cadets that were buried here as well.

He finally found the tomb stone and walked closer. He gently laid the flowers and backed up a bit, looking at them.

"It's gray..." Levi whispered. " It's fuzzy.." Tears were slowly dripping on the ground "It's been like that since you left."

Levi's body shaked weakly as tears clouded his vision. He dropped to the ground and broke down.

"WHY?" Levi shouted with his head on the ground. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?"

The only thing that was heard in that cemetery was loud sobbing and Levi shouting.

"I HATE YOU!" Levi pound his fist on the ground as he yelled. "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO?"

As if the world could feel his pain, clouds covered the sun as rain came pouring down.

"YOU MAKE ME FALL FOR YOU AND YOU LEFT ME! YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A CHANCE TO TELL YOU MY FEELINGS! YOU DIDN'T LET ME TELL YOU THAT I LOVED YOU TOO."

Levi grabbed a tight hold of his hair as he screamed.

"WHY?"

"WHY?"

"PLEASE COME BACK!"

"Please come back."

"Please..."

"please come back." Levi's voice lowered as he lifted his head and wiped his tears.

"Please, (Y/n)."

"I love you."