Chapter 11: The Blood Moon's Hostility:

As the car came to a stop outside the school, Akira and Chase got out of the car. "Chase's stuff will be in the spare bedroom, ok? I'll pick you guys up later!"

Akira waved to her father goodbye as both Chase and Akira made it to class on time. Everyone gasped to see both of them walking into class together.

"I thought they were enemies!" One student exclaimed.

"So did I! What happened to make them tolerate each other?" Another asked themself.

As the school day came to an end, Akira's father waited outside the gates in his car. Since Akira had been practising her hunting crouch in school, she snuck below her father's window and jumped out. "Rah!" She screamed.

"Ah, Akira!" He laughed. "Come on, guys! Let's go home."

As they came back home and went upstairs, Chase noticed his stuff was unpacked neatly and his duvet was put on the bed already, as he settled down for a bit. As dinner time arrived, Akira's parents, Akira and Chase all sat at the table.

"It's supposed to be a Blood Moon tonight..." Akira's mother explained. "Just be aware that the Blood Moon can make us Therian Shifters quite hostile and more animalistic. The next morning after, you won't even remember anything. Some do, some don't. So just keep a clear head and keep calm, ok? But bear in mind that it can affect some more than others."

They all nodded, as when the night came and the Blood Moon shone its red light towards the house, and Akira's parents, Akira and Chase had turned to their forms, Akira noticed a beef joint fall onto the floor from the fridge. Akira ran towards it and ate some of it, some of the bloody residue from the meat staining her mouth as she licked her lips.

The Blood Moon's light had unfortunately affected Akira the worst, as she scratched the walls, bit the furniture, went through the bins, and ran around the house like a hyper puppy, growling and snarling, saliva and all.

The power of the Blood Moon made her turn towards Chase, as they both started fighting, claws and teeth bared and unsheathed. Akira roared loudly and so did Chase, as they fell on the floor with slashes and bruises all over their bodies, as they panted. But exhaustion didn't stop them, as Akira ran after Chase up the stairs, as they were in a ball of fur, claws and teeth, as the snapping of teeth and small clumps of fur went flying.

Akira's parents had been through the Blood Moon's hostility before so they could control themselves, as they watched in horror at the blood spots on the floor, the clumps of fur and the slashes on both of Akira and Chase's bodies as the Blood Moon made them fight. Akira had a trickle of blood dripping out of her mouth, as they both stood opposite each other and launched at each other again, as Akira bit Chase on the neck, Chase roaring out, as he counter-attacked, thrusting Akira away with his lion strength. It was then Akira bristled her fur to make herself look bigger as her mane looked puffier like a cat's fur after the use of a hairdryer. She then positioned herself, facing Chase with her eyes glowing with their amber-yellow colour, as Akira's growl was as powerful as a bear's, loud and proud.

Chase cowered backwards, as Akira prowled closer and closer. Then Chase felt his right ear sting as he saw blood trickle down his cheek. The moon then started to disappear, as Akira turned back to normal, the Blood Moon's power no longer affecting her as she saw in horror Chase led on the floor with a torn ear. As Akira saw it, she passed out. She then remembered a bit where she ate out of the bin, running into the bathroom and puking, as she noticed bits of blood in the vomit as she crawled to the doorway of the bathroom where Chase was and passed out. Chase snapped out of it as well, as he saw Akira on the floor, injured with blood and vomit around her mouth and fresh blood on her fingertips where her claws were. As he saw his torn ear in the mirror, he gasped.

"JESUS CHRIST! WHAT THE-" He screamed, as he also passed out.

Chase and Akira woke up in their bedrooms, as Akira had a sick bucket next to her bed, and Chase had a bandage on his head, wrapping around his ear.

Akira's mother came into her bedroom first. "Uh, what happened? Why do I feel so sick? And why am I covered in scratches and bruises?"

She sighed. "The Blood Moon made you and Chase fight quite brutally, and you tore a bit of Chase's ear off, so he is still quite shaken. Bear that in mind when you see him, ok? Mr Tolfree's coming over to check how you two were after the effect from the Blood Moon, ok?"

Akira nodded, as when she had finished speaking, a knock at the door was heard, along with a familiar voice saying "Hello!"

Mr Tolfree came in as he checked on them. "How did Chase end up here?"

After Akira's father explained what happened the night before the blood moon, he felt pitiful. "Poor boy wanted to leave the house because his father was drinking and abusing him and his mother didn't even care."

As Mr Tolfree went to see Chase, Akira's mother had made her some breakfast in bed. "Thanks, mum."

After a few days, Akira and Chase came back to school, as people were shocked by Chase's torn ear, everyone whispering to each other.

"She did it, didn't she?" One student asked themself.

"She's a monster, she attacked him." Another student remarked.

But it was at breaktime when Akira, Chase, Tyler, Shade and Daniel were talking about what they did for the Blood Moon. 

"The Blood Moon made me put holes into the walls." Daniel explained.

"It made me dig through the bins and eat a stale chicken wing. Ew!" Rufus remarked as he wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"I almost attacked my mother thanks to the Blood Moon! I was lucky I didn't!" Shade commented.

"I just went all satanic and insane!" Tyler explained. "What did you and Chase do, Akira?"

Akira went all shy. It was then Chase turned around for the group to see his torn ear. "The Blood Moon made us fight. We ended up scrapping and then I ended up with a torn ear. It itches a bit and stings a little. Akira got affected worse out of all of us, sadly."

They all looked at Akira, who was hitting her head and crying. "Stupid. Stupid! STUPID!"

As Akira said this, Mr Tolfree came up onto the grass, seeing Akira do this. "What's happening?"

Akira cried to herself, quietly sobbing and hugging her knees. "I hurt a friend, that's what I did..!"

Mr Tolfree knelt down to Akira's level. "It's not your fault, Akira. The Blood Moon made you do it. I understand. Put it this way. I raided the bins and god, I had a bad stomach."

Akira giggled to herself and so did the others. Now Akira and her friends knew how to deal with Blood Moons, they prepared themselves for the next one. However, this was not for another 5 weeks.