Chapter 26: Wolf and Lion Opposition:

The sun had arisen on another day as Akira and Chase awoke in their beds. Dressed and fed, they both headed to school with Akira's father. While in the car, Akira and Chase started talking.

"I still don't trust that Felix guy, Akira," Chase said with a concerned tone. "He saved your life, yes, but why?"

Akira sighed. "Chase, we've been over this. If it wasn't for Felix coming into the forest area then Dylan's gang would still be bothering us."

As they got to the school, the conversation carried on with the rest of Akira's friends. As they did talk, Felix came out of the bushes in wolf form. Since Chase still claimed him untrustworthy, he stepped up.

"What are you doing here?" Said Chase with a stern expression and tone.

Felix chuckled and ruffled Chase's hair. "You still don't trust me? Wow, I'm surprised you don't since I pretty much saved Akira from certain death. Stubborn much?"

Chase huffed and joined Akira's friends. Akira stood up to walk towards Felix when Chase stopped her. Akira went to tell him to let go but he covered her mouth and shoved her away slightly. Akira scoffed and sat back down with her friends as they watched the tension between the two boys.

"I know you only saved Akira just for credit. I can tell by your reckless and stubborn behaviour that it was all for atte-"

Before Chase could finish his sentence, Felix grabbed Chase by the front of his shirt and pulled him close. "Wanna say that again? Do you want to live?"

Felix's eyes shone with fury like Akira's would if she were angry. Chase trembled a bit but kept his cool. Felix then threw Chase to the ground. As Chase ran, Felix followed. Both had turned to their forms as they stopped and faced each other with faces like thunder.

"You wanna go?!" Felix yelled at Chase as both unsheathed their claws. "'Cause I'm ready to rip you apart." His words came out clearly through his gritted teeth as they charged at each other. Growls of frustration, fury and strength were heard as the 2 boys had turned to a ball of claws, teeth and fur as Chase roared and Felix growled. Akira was shocked to see how badly they fought. She took deep breaths but nothing worked. She then turned to her form, positioned her front paws, took a deep breath in and yelled with a roar included, "ENOUGH!!" The boys stared at Akira with scratched and bruised faces, as they heavily breathed. Akira stood in between them both as they froze. She looked at both of them thoroughly, sighed, and tutted. "Can you guys just get along? You don't want me to get hurt by splitting you up, hmm?"

They sighed as they turned back to their human selves, apologising to Akira. But as they did, they stared with fury into each other's eyes as Felix's seemed more fierce.

"Mutt..." Chase whispered under his breath.

Felix widened his eyes and picked Chase up again. "Wanna call me that again?!"

They both growled and started fighting again. But this time Felix had pinned Chase onto the grass, claws at the ready to swipe. Akira sighed again but kept a safe distance as she never saw Felix this angry.

"I'LL SHOW YOU MUTT, SHORT STACK!" Felix yelled, but Akira sped in front of Chase and took the blow. Felix stood there in shock with Akira's blood on his claws and trickling down her cheek.

"Felix... Breathe." The blood dripped down Akira's face. "But first can you... catch me please..."

Akira went light-headed and fainted from the sting of the scratch as Felix caught her. 

The others stared in shock. They knew it wasn't Felix's fault as they looked at Chase. They weren't mad at him but were just shocked at how Chase acted. Tyler helped Felix by taking Akira to the nurse's office as Chase watched Felix disappear into the bushes once more with a rustle of the leaves. Chase sighed as he followed the rest of the group.

As lunchtime came around, the group came back to the forest area.

"But why did he swipe Akira?" Chase asked as he was still frustrated.

"Chase, you did kinda ask for it when you called him a mutt. And him attacking Akira was an accident. She was stopping you from getting hurt, and she does have more pain tolerance than you do." Shade replied with a small chuckle.

As the group had sat down and started to eat, Felix came over to Akira.

"Hi, Felix! Are you ok now?" Akira asked calmly, looking into his eyes as the ferocious glare of fury from them had disappeared.

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm good for now."

Felix and Chase didn't become friends, but they stayed civil. But as the weeks went by, they got along better as friends. But as Felix's friendship bond with the group was strong, the boys knew that they'd have their advantage at bothering Akira again since Felix was more passive. So the next day as the group sat down, the boys came over. Akira widened her eyes in fear as the biggest pinned her against the tree.

"Thought you'd never see me again, huh Autist?" The boy laughed. He reached his left hand for her throat as she struggled to breathe. But as she did, Akira grappled onto his wrist, pushed it away from her throat and twisted it, thrusting him onto the ground. Felix was quite impressed by her learning from the trauma so quickly. She turned to her form. It was then Felix saw Akira's eyes becoming wild again as she chased the boy around the forest area with saliva-dripping teeth and fury in her glowing-amber eyes. She snapped her teeth onto the boy's arm and sunk them deeper and deeper.

"Akira, please! That's enough!" Tyler yelled with a worried tone.

But Akira didn't listen as the copper-like taste of blood had already touched her tongue as she bit a small chunk out of his arm. The group gasped as Akira faced them. There was blood all around her mouth as she gave in to her instincts once more. The boy ran away screaming.

Akira turned back to normal, heavily breathing as she dropped to her knees violently shaking.