Chapter 30: The End...?:

Akira woke up the next morning, but something felt... different. As she got up, she was in a gown and not her pyjamas. She walked along to Chase's room, but as she did he wasn't there. The room was empty and all of Chase's things were gone. So was the whole house. But as she entered the kitchen, there was blood splatters and teared up furniture around. Broken chairs, teared up cushions.

Akira looked around in confusion.

What happened here? Akira asked herself. She got dressed and headed out of the door. But as she walked, the streets were empty. No people. All cars were parked. There were no voices. It was like the world had gone still. All she heard was the wind in her ears. But as she walked, she went into a woodland she didn't know. She then all of a sudden heard voices all around her.

"Akira." One whispered her name.

"Autist." Another wisped past her ear.

"I'm so proud of you." A familiar voice whispered in the breeze.

All these voices confused Akira. She kept walking. She could hear the voices follow her in her stride. But what Akira noticed was that with each step, an amber light reflected her footsteps and in a couple of seconds faded. She took each step, again and again, each glowing.

She then broke into a run. She stood still for a second, and as she did, she felt the warm embraces of her loved ones. Her parents, her friends, her teachers. All the people she knew who loved and cared about her. She smiled with tears of joy glistening in her eyes as she laughed to herself. She laid in a pile of leaves and threw them in the air. She felt free.

But she felt alone at the same time.

"Hello?" She spoke, her voice echoing.

But as it did, she stopped.

She heard a faint sound but couldn't quite depict what it was.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

It wasn't her alarm clock. The beeping suddenly got louder and more in an ambience of the forest as she blocked her ears. She then heard a high-pitch ringing sound. It hurt her ears as she dropped to her knees and yelled out.

Her yell echoed into nothingness. And so did the forest. She stood up in a pitch-black atmosphere.

Voices once more echoed. She sat down and crossed her legs. But as she did, she saw memories from the past.

"Shade, shh!" She heard her younger self. "You'll wake up Tyler! Put it on him, quick, quick quick."

Tyler then woke up with a leaf on his face. They all laughed as she saw many of her memories. But as the last one played, Akira chuckled to herself with tears in her eyes.

The beeping then continued.

But as she blinked, she saw a field with a blossom tree. Each petal that fell onto the grass had a memory. Akira felt a little tired and sat down underneath the blossom tree. A flower fell into her hands. It played all the times she truly embraced her friends.

But as she drifted off, the pitch-black appeared once more.

"Wake up!" She heard.

"Come Akira, don't die on me!" She heard another voice.

But as she opened her eyes, she saw her parents and Tyler around her bed.

"Where is everyone?" Akira asked with a weak voice. "H-how long have I been out for..?"

Tyler came up to Akira with worried eyes.

"Akira, I know this is going to sound really hard, but you've been in a coma for 6 months..." Tyler replied.

Akira's mouth gaped. "But...Tyler...you're a demon wolf-fox hybrid, right? A Therian Shifter? A-and mum, dad, you're a black lion and a grey wolf right?"

Akira's mother scrunched up her face. "What's a Therian Shifter? I think the morphine messed with your head, sweetheart."

Akira stumbled on her words. All those fights, all those times of shifting and all those times of change, they were all a big dream for 6 months. Akira widened her eyes and broke down crying.

Akira slapped herself. She felt it right there and then. Her life as a Therian Shifter was all a dream. Chase, Shade, Daniel, Rufus, Mr Takeshi, Mr Riddle, and Kody. All the people she made friends with apart from Tyler were fiction. All in her head. A few minutes later, the doctors came in and approved that she could come home. Akira then ran up to her room. She sat at her desk and opened her laptop.

It may have all been a dream, but I want to at least write about it. She said to herself. So she opened up a story application. She typed:

"Chapter 1: First Day of School: A girl slept in her bed. She did not dream but a vision was implemented in her mind. "