Chapter 27: Akira's New Instincts:

As the morning came to a start, Akira awoke. She flashed back to the previous days and shuddered. Remembering she took a chunk out of a boy's arm, she ran towards the bathroom and threw up.

Chase heard the noises and immediately rushed to the bathroom.

"Akira, Is it the nerves again?" He asked, a worried expression on his face. "Just stay there I'll get a cup of water for you, ok? Just stay put."

Akira nodded, as Chase retrieved a plastic cup from the cupboard and came back upstairs, filling the cup in the bathroom sink as he carefully handed it to Akira as she sipped it slowly.

Later on, both Akira and Chase had gotten dressed and Akira's father had dropped them off at school.

As Akira approached the entrance to the forest area, she started to panic, getting flashbacks from her bloodthirsty outbursts as her eyes widened in fear, as she trembled. She tightened up, terrified of those outbursts happening again.

Tyler saw her frozen by the entrance and ran over to her. But as Tyler approached, Akira hugged him tightly, as Tyler felt her petrified aura, hugging her tightly back. Akira then burst into tears as they both sat down and Akira leaned over to Tyler, crying on his shoulder with a hug. Tyler rubbed her back in reassurance as she sobbed quietly.

As tutor time had arrived, Akira shook. She shook with fear as she entered the classroom. A lot of the kids laughed at her shyness and fear. Including the 3 boys.

"Aw, the autistic puppy is scared and sad. She's cwying like a wittle baby HAHA!"

Akira looked around the room for a split second, as she ran out of the classroom in fear, the sound of laughter echoing through her head as she ran outside the room. She rocked back and forth, holding her head in anxiety and fear. The tears flowed down her cheeks as she hyperventilated, a panic attack occurring as she cried out.

Tyler heard her and so did Mr Furlow, as they both went outside the classroom to see Akira looking terrified.

"Akira, are you ok? Answer me." Mr Furlow knelt to Akira's level, but as he did, Akira launched at him gently and cried into his shoulder, but then after a few seconds Akira pushed away and ran out the door. "Akira, wait!"

Akira turned to her form, running down the path to the forest area. Tyler then turned to his form and ran after her.

Tyler's form was a 1/3 fox so he could have swifter, faster steps as he ran ahead of Akira, stopping her in her tracks.

"Akira, what's the matter?" Tyler asked calmly.

It was then Akira started twitching. Tyler backed away a little, noticing Akira's eyes were looking wild again as she growled ferociously at Tyler, her mouth salivating. But it was like Akira was trying to fight the wild behaviour. Her eyes widened in panic as her eyes were shutting tightly.

Suddenly, she froze. Her ears twitched and swivelled. She then turned to the left rapidly and stared. In her eyes, her vision went behind the tall fence of the courts. She then sniffed the air deeply. She saw the 3 boys, the biggest with a large stone. She heard their menacing giggles as he threw the rock. But it was like it was in slow motion. She opened her mouth and caught the rock in her jaws, breaking it into pieces, her teeth still intact as Tyler's mouth gaped. She then sped off towards the boys. She took them out one by one, ramming into them with her head, thrusting them against the fence.

She bared her teeth with a ferocious growl as 2 of them quivered. But one of the 3 stood up and punch her in the chest. As he did, Akira's mouth trickled with blood. She turned back to normal, coughing and spluttering.

"Get her, Fin!" The biggest bully shouted.

Akira dropped to her knees, wheezing as she watched in horror at the blood trickling from her mouth and the scary feeling of herself struggling to breathe. Tyler ran over to Akira, but as he did, the other 2 boys restrained him.

"Leave... my friend alone!" He scrambled and kicked but he was stuck.

Then, unexpectedly, Akira's wheezing worsened. She gritted her teeth and yelled out in pain. She had the same kind of pain from her first shift. Her body ached and hurt as she curled into a ball. Tears trickled out of her eyes as she started to tremble. But before the boys could flee their doings, a tall figure appeared out of the blue.

"And do you really think that you'd get away with something like this on my watch?" A familiar voice was heard. As it stepped out of the shadows, Felix appeared. "I told you I'd hurt you if you touched Akira again. You hurt her, I'll crush you." His voice sounded sinister and terrifying. He turned to his wolf form, his eyes turning wild as he gave chase. He swiped at one, pinned down another and bit the third. With the crunch of bones and the tear of skin, the vengeful deed was done. Felix panted with a blood-covered mouth and angry eyes. But as he turned around, he saw Tyler knelt by Akira, who wheezed mildly.

"I-I'll get your bottle, ok Akira? Felix, come with me." Tyler and Felix rushed to Akira's rucksack and retrieved the bottle as Akira sat up gently and took a few sips. "Do you feel better?"

Akira nodded. But as she went to stand, she quietly, but audibly cried out in pain. Tyler lifted up her trouser leg to see a deep wound going from her knee to her ankle, as it made her struggle to walk.

"I'll lift right, you lift left, ok?" Felix asked as he and Tyler lifted Akira up, Felix putting her right arm on his shoulder and Tyler put her left arm on his shoulder, as they took her up to the forest room.

As they got there, Akira's friends, Mr Tolfree, and Mr Ruddle rushed over.

"Tyler, who is this?" Mr Tolfree gazed at Felix for a second, then back at Tyler.

"This is Felix, he helped Akira. I'll explain the rest a little later. Shade, can you patch her up, please?"

Shade nodded, as Felix and Tyler carefully placed Akira on the chair and Tyler grabbed a school chair to carefully elevate Akira's leg. Shade inspected the wound and gave a smile. "It's an easy patch-up. It won't take long."

Tyler sighed in relief. But before Shade started to patch up Akira's wound, he double-checked for twig fragments, grabbing his tweezers and carefully picking out 6 small fragments as he patched up the cut.

"There you go. I may have patched it up, but you still need to rest it. Luckily you only need to rest it until lunch, so that's around 2-3 hours. That's plenty of time!"

Akira and the others sighed in relief. Mr Tolfree then went towards Felix and put one hand on Felix's right shoulder.

"Thank you." He said with a grateful tone. "I appreciate you helping Akira today."

"He's also the guy who saved Akira from the building!" Tyler smiled.

Mr Tolfree looked at Felix in pride. "Really? Well since you are, I'm grateful that you saved Akira from certain death. That takes real courage. Now I may not be a wolf myself, but canine to canine, that's real bravery. I'm proud of you."

Felix smiled. "Thank you." He replied. "I-I've never been told by someone that they were proud of me."

Mr Tolfree looked at Felix with a warm grin. "I guess there's a first time for everything."