Chapter 3: Others Emerge To View:

At the darkest of the night, Akira awoke in the same woodlands she had seen in her dreams. However, instead of it being daytime, there was a stream of stars above as well as the moon illuminating its calm light on the ground. Akira was in her animal form, emerging from a hedge and strolling down a path. But as she walked further, the atmosphere became foggy and blurry, as Brown eyes, blue eyes, and others glowed in the fog. The surroundings swirled, as Akira awoke suddenly, hyperventilating.

"What just happened?" Akira whispered to herself, her breathing relaxing as she sat up in bed and exhaled deeply in relief.

As Akira got off of the bus, she couldn't wait to see Tyler. However, when she had come towards the corner where he waited, he wasn't there. Akira was rather confused, as usually he would be there. As she came a bit closer into the forest area, Akira heard a growl. She immediately recognised Tyler's deep and angered growl. As she hid behind a tree and peered around a bit, Akira noticed not 1, not 2, but 3 figures in front of him. One was a red wolf with longer canine teeth, a white secondary coat on his chest and stomach and ocean-blue eyes. The second had an orange coat also with blue eyes, but he looked a bit like a fox, with a vibrant orange primary coat and a secondary coat of white. However, the third stood out from the 3. He had a dark-oak lion mane with a wolf face with a primary coat of dull-brown and a secondary coat of white, with chocolate-brown eyes. But what Akira noticed about this brown Wolf-Lion Hybrid was that the ghost of a crown hovered above his head as he growled.

Akira ran over, changing to her form, getting in front of Tyler and confronting this unknown trio of Therian Shifters like her and Tyler.

"Who are you and what are you doing in our territory?" Akira growled as she unsheathed her claws, going forward for a second to make the trio flinch.

The brown wolf-lion hybrid stood a bit taller than Akira, with broad shoulders, as he roared in Akira's face. Instead of the roar scaring Akira, she stood tall as she roared louder. The Brown wolf-lion-hybrid backed away slowly as Akira's eyes shone with an amber glow. But as Akira tried to get close to him to scare him off, the Brown wolf-lion-hybrid had summoned a golden globe of light, shooting it at Akira as she went flying into two small, sharp branches, as they slashed her left eye on the top badly. But as she fell lower, a single, sharp branch slashed the bottom of her eye as she came crashing down to the floor, unconscious in her human form.

"Was that really necessary?!" Tyler freaked out, running over to Akira who was left unconscious on the floor, shaking. "Look what you've done!"

The wolf-lion-hybrid turned back to his human form. He had gun-metal-coloured glasses with a vibrant green hoodie and his hair was the same colour as his mane. As he turned back, he realised what he had done, and immediately started to cry with regret, covering his mouth with both of his hands.

"I. Am. So. Sorry..." The boy grimaced at Akira's wounds on her eye. "It's my second time shifting after the painful first. I couldn't control it."

As Akira tried to open her eyes, the left, slashed eye's pupil had diluted to a cloudy grey, and the amber colour in her iris had gone a pale yellow. The other two wolves changed back as well. They both looked at Akira with shock at her new, blind eye as Akira's eyes fell shut again.

"We need to get her to the hospital!" Tyler gasped, panicking.

So it was then Tyler got the 3 boys to help him carry Akira to the nurse's office. They laid her on the bed and the nurse called 999. As Akira was at the hospital and the 4 boys waited in the waiting room, along with only Akira's mother, since her father was at work in another hospital down the lane.

After a few minutes, Akira awoke to see Tyler, the 3 boys and her parents stood around her bed, Tyler and Akira's parents were the most worried, as they had tears in their eyes from sadness and worry.