Chapter 3: Greetings

Athy's POV

It's been a day since I came back to my world, and everyone around me including Lily has been visibly worried.

So today, I finally built up the courage to ask.

"Lily, what's wrong?" I asked before munching on the cookies in front of me.

"Princess... Are you that traumatized?"

Huh?

"What do you mean?"

"Well... You'd always greet his majesty everyday no matter what... And ever since the incident, you..."

Ah, she's worried because of that..

"Lily, why would I greet that bastard?" I innocently asked.

Lily looked at me, bewildered.

"P-princess.."

"Oh, well. Shall I go?" I asked her, changing the subject.

"... If that's what the princess wants."

That doesn't really mean you want me to, though.

Of course, saying what I just thought would sound too mature for a ten year old. I need to act naive for now.

"Hehe, okay." I smiled.

I've spent years, earning the trust and favors of my business partners as Lee Ji Hye, so I'm pretty much an expert at this!

After getting dressed up, a knight appeared before me.

"Princess, I'm here to escort you." The crimson haired man knelt in front of me.

Memories then came flooding my mind.

Ah..

I took a step back.

This guy...

He reminded me of the rope that slowly took my life as everyone cheered.

This man was the only one besides Lily who tried to convince that bastard to not kill me..

"I believe... You are Felix Robane?" I hesitantly asked.

"I'm glad the princess remembers me!" The man exclaimed.

How could I not...

"Mister, you look cool." I complimented him.

In this life... I will make sure to cherish those who truly loved me!

I was carried by Felix the whole time.

"Mister can call me Athy." I smiled.

"The pri- Athy can call me Felix!" He responded.

"Felix!" I smiled brightly at the man.

Shortly after that, we arrived.

I remember this door being the of the man whom I despise.

Unknowingly, a frown was shown on my face. I immediately held back since I can't let Felix see it.

The door opened, and a man with blonde hair, and jeweled eyes was revealed sitting on his desk with a lot of papers.

Felix then put me down.

"Blessing and Glory upon the Obelian empire." I bowed.

"I guess I didn't scare you off the last time?" The man smirked, making Felix flinch.

It's okay, Felix.

"Wrong." I smiled innocently. My words made Claude look at me,and Felix was confused.

"Your Majesty, I was very afraid." I said.

They were still staring at me, but this time, in disbelief.

"Ha, you're weak after all." Claude grinned.

"Exactly. Yet you didn't even bat an eye when I fell." I innocently accused him.

"What are you..." It was obvious that I had angered him. I could care less, though.

"Y-your Majesty, a ten year old child will usually be scared if they almost drowned.." Felix interrupted to save me.

How kind of him...

"He's right. Ah, does his majesty need a tutor for parenting? I advise Felix for you." I insulted him, making him surprised instead of angry. And for Felix, he was scared for me.

I clicked my tongue and said, "How embarrassing. A man who doesn't have a child appears to be better at handling one than a father."

"Anyhow, I intend for this greeting to be the last one."

I walked out before anyone could say anything.

Shortly after, Felix came running towards me.

"Pri- Athy!" He called.

"Ah, yes?" I turned to him.

"P-princess, I didn't know you were scared.."

I chuckled and said, "This is actually a secret, but Athy wasn't actually scared."

"Then.." Felix looked bewildered.

"Athy was just tired of that man ignoring me."

-------------------------------------

Claude's POV

After what happened yesterday, I heard that wench got a severe fever, and might even be traumatized. But at least she learned her lesson now.

However, that wench came to greet me again.

Tsk. Should I have killed her that day instead?

"Your Majesty, I was very afraid. "

I expected for the girl to cry,but what I saw instead were cold, jeweled eyes glaring daggers at me.

I've never see with that look before..

It was true. The bug was used to having forced smiles, and never once glared at me, but now she dares to?

"Ha, you're weak after all." I mocked the bug.

Let's see how long you can stand without crying, you wench.

"Exactly."

?!

I never even expected for her to give in easily to my insults without shedding tears.

I wonder what she's planning now.

I was immediately put in bad mood, even Felix tried to cover up for that fool.

"He's right. Ah, does his majesty need a tutor for parenting? I advise Felix for you."

I was utterly in shock as I've never had anyone insult me to my face while glaring at me fearlessly, much less a ten year old child.

How odd..

After all the child's insults, Felix must've thought that I'd kill that thing, so he ran to her.

But he was wrong, instead of thinking to kill that wench, I got curious.

She changed.

Although I don't believe that a person can change within a day, I could utterly see that it just happened with that lowly thing.

Was what I did too much?

I only did it to scare the child so she'd stop whatever dog crap she's doing such as greeting me every. Single. Day.

Yet, now that she stopped, I couldn't help but miss a small figure in the room, greeting me with a high pitched voice, and smiling at the slightest bit of attention I gave her.

Ever since I met that thing in the garden when it was her 9th birthday, and her death, she'd been greeting me every day, so that's how I knew she really changed.

That child was introverted for sure, but I knew she was extremely intelligent for her age.

However, I didn't care since there's nothing interesting to care about. Until now.