Chapter 7: Larry or Lucas?

Athy's POV

After sobbing in front of the emerald palace, I felt a presence behind me.

I turned around to see the man with crimson eyes again.

I believe his name was... Larry?

"Tsk. You're crying again."

"Eh?" I was dumbfounded, but I immediately wiped my tears.

"Ah... The wind must've been blowing dust in my eyes.." I lied.

"Really? I happen to have tried eating air earlier, it was pretty clean to me." He smirked, making me glare at him.

"I'm really fine, Larry." I looked away.

Larry looked at me dumbfounded, then glared daggers at me which made me flinch.

"Larry? You dare call me such a crappy name?" He looked at me with a murderous aura.

"What are you saying..!" I was afraid.

"Who the hell is Larry?!"

"..You?" I hesitantly said.

"....Sometimes I really doubt it. How could someone like you be my..." His voice slowly became quiet as each word progressed.

"I'm your what?" I asked with an attitude.

"Nothing. Mind your own beeswax." He said, irritated.

"How about YOU mind your own bees- business?" I said, with irritation slowly rising within me.

From this point on, I'd realized how childish I was acting for a ten year old.

Geez, I sound like a 5 year old brat throwing tantrums..

"E-ehem.. You should probably mind your manners, specially since you're talking to the princess." I said firmly.

"You're just a princess." A sly smile crept up his face.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, you're excused. Did you fart?"

"Seriously.!" I snapped.

We both fell silent, with me glaring daggers at him, and the man who apparently isn't Larry smiling like he's enjoying all this ruckus.

After 30 seconds or so, the man who isn't Larry finally said, "Seriously what? You seriously farted?" He grinned.

"You..!" I was about to hit him, but I realized I should be more composed.

"Watch your words, person whose name isn't even remarkable." I smirked, making the man glare at me.

"First of all, my name is Lucas, and I'm the great and mighty magician which does make my name remarkable." He arrogantly said.

"Ha, great and mighty magician? Are you serious right now?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"I am, what of it?"

"In all of the books I've read in all my lives, I never heard of a 'Lucas'."

"Perhaps you've been reading wrong boo- Wait, 'lives', you say?" He leaned his face closer to me.

My heart sank, I accidentally spilled my secret.

"Hmmm, Interesting once again." He smirked.

I stepped back and said, "I-I need to go now."

I then took off running towards the ruby palace.

Damn that man....!

I cursed him in my head.