Chapter 6: Jeannette

Athy's POV

Just as I requested, Claude led me to his office right after we had tea.

I bet he's looking down on me.

All you could hear through the hallways were echoing footsteps.

Alas, we'd finally arrived.

I felt a little excited for the first time being with the bastard.

"If you think you can help me without even knowing how to read, then just give up the thought. I won't read to you like you're a toddler and explain the obvious." He shrugged.

Yep, he IS looking down on me.

"Okay?" I said with an attitude.

Sir, no one asked.

I rolled my eyes.

I then noticed that Claude was staring at me.

I slightly flinched.

He saw that, didn't he...

I gave myself a facepalm in my head.

"Here." Claude threw a piece of paper at me.

"Can't you hand it properly?" I glared at him.

In the modern times, not handing out something properly to someone and just throwing it at them was rude.

"Wasn't that proper?"

"Woah, you handle all these work but don't know what proper is?" I automatically said.

I gave myself a high five when he was looking away for coming up with that one so fast.

Good job, Ji hye- I mean Athy..

"You've been giving attitude quite frequently nowadays."

"Well you've been neglecting me all these years." I smiled back.

Take that, you bastard.

It seemed to shut him up.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I then turned my attention towards the paper on the ground. I picked it up and started to analyze the whole thing.

I was too busy to notice the other blonde staring intently at me.

Dirty.. water?

I was just so bewildered at how stupid the problem was, but in the paper, the noble was trying to make it sound like the world was ending.

At first I grinned but then a laugh burst out.

"Ahahahahahahahaha!" I covered my mouth.

After I calmed down, I decided I owed them an explanation since I disturbed them.

"Sorry, it was just so funny." I excused myself.

"How so?"

"It's just a minor problem yet they make it sound like we're all gonna die."

It was true, the intro of the letter was:

"Everyone in the west is suffering a great loss. Families weeping, people dying, the dirty water had made people sick. Soon enough, it will spread all throughout Obelia and eventually, ruin the empire, until it ruins the whole continent, and then the whole world."

----

"Exactly what you said." Claude nodded.

"Yep. This is easy." I smiled.