6 | Public Speeches

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

When Thena woke up the next morning, she was inside her tent that she shared with Murphy. She wracked her head at how she ended up here, ending in a conclusion that she must've fallen asleep and Bellamy brought her back.

She looked around and saw that Murphy was nowhere in sight. He either didn't sleep in the tent or got up early, which is not hard to do as Thena was not a morning person, waking up later than most.

Which is why when she exited her tent, most of the camp was up already. She walked through, trying to find Wells. Around her, teens were running around chasing each other laughing. A group was also playing drums, the beat making her bop her head slightly. She heard a couple of people saying 'hey Thena's to which she greeted back a good morning.

She found Wells behind the dropship but her steps faltered. He was digging two graves, two dead bodies on the side.

Her mood darkened considerably. She had just come to terms with the survival aspects of this situation but it hasn't crossed her mind that they could actually die. Seeing two dead bodies, people younger than her, put a dread at the pit of her stomach. Their pale skin and unmoving chest.

It was terrifying.

She turned her gaze towards Wells who was looking at her solemnly. She wordlessly grabbed a shovel to help him bury the dead.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

When they had finished burying, the mood lightened considerably. The notion that those kids had a proper burial and might finally achieve peace eased the pressure at her heart. All that was left was the clothes currently in Wells' grasp.

She noticed the lack of a wristband in Wells as she stared at his wrist. Wells noticed and turned to look at her.

Wells wouldn't take off the wristband even if his life depended on it which would mean it was forcibly taken. There was only one person who was this hell-bent on the ark not going down here.

"Bellamy?" Wells nodded in confirmation. She sighed, "So much for 'whatever the hell we want'." Wells chuckled darkly.

"Found any more sources for water?"

Wells shook his head, "None yet, we need to find some soon. The water we collected during the rain is almost gone."

Thena nodded suddenly thinking of something that had to hold in her laugh. He looked at her weirdly.

"Okay, okay how about this?"

Wells listened intently.

"How about we—wait for it." Thena paused.