11 | Cave Talks

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

Thena was jolted awake at the sound of screaming. She noticed how her jacket was lightly over her body, carefully placed as to not hit her back because she still wasn't wearing her shirt. She felt Bellamy gently try to remove her head from his lap, trying not to wake her up. She pushed herself to a sitting pushing, only groaning slightly in pain.

The burning in her back was greatly reduced from the time she spent asleep. It was now only a constant throbbing pain that she could put into the back of her mind. It only really hurts when it is hit or she moves in the wrong way.

She looked up to see Bellamy soothing the young girl from having a nightmare, "Does that happen often?" Charlotte kept silent.

"What are you scared of?" He asked. Thena noticed how Charlotte's eyes flitted towards hers for a slight second before dropping back down. 

When Charlotte didn't answer, Bellamy took back the question. "You know what? It doesn't matter. The only that matters is what you do about it."

"But, I'm asleep," Charlotte said like it was the most obvious thing.

"Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you are awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep." Thena softly smiled at them from afar. She wondered if this is how Bellamy was with Octavia when she was younger.

Charlotte looked at him incredulously, "Yeah, but how?"

"You can't afford to be weak. Down here, weakness is death. Fear is death." Thena furrowed her eyebrows at this.

"Let me see that knife I gave you." Her eyes grew to the size of the moon. Did he just say knife?

Charlotte pulled out a knife, handing it over to Bellamy. Okay, he really did say knife. Bellamy really thought it was okay to give a kid a knife. Well... it is Bellamy. 

"Now, when you feel afraid, you hold tight to that knife and say 'screw you I'm not afraid'."

"Screw you. I'm not afraid." Charlotte said insecurely. Bellamy gave her a look that said 'is that all you got?'

Charlotte gripped the knife, "Screw you. I'm not afraid." She said more firmly.

Bellamy nodded in approval. "Slay your demons, kid. Then you'll be able to sleep."

Charlotte went back to sleep as Bellamy returned to his original position, sitting beside Thena.

"Really a knife?"

Bellamy looked at Thena and shrugged, "She needs to protect herself, especially down here."

Thena sighed, staying silent before Bellamy spoke up, "Go back to sleep, you need to rest." She shook her head, "It's okay, doesn't hurt that much anymore."