34 | In the Calm

Hi! A 'lil long chapter up ahead! :))

Happy Valentine's Day!

Spending my Valentine's writing for my OC 💀💀

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"Where are you taking me this early in the morning, Bellamy?"

Thena covered her yawn with the back of her hand, "You're not taking me out here to murder me, are you?"

He ignored her quips. "I," Bellamy said as they stopped at a clearing. "am going to train you."

Thena looked at him incredulously. He clapped his hands, "Alright, punch me."

"What?" She looked at him funny. "Bellamy, no."

"That hasn't stopped you before," he cocked his head to the side.

"Yeah well, you were being an ass that time," Thena snapped. "Why do we need to do this?"

"The grounders are coming. You need to learn to defend yourself. You can't always rely on a gun."

"If a grounder catches me without a weapon, I'm already dead, Bell."

"Not if I can't help it. Just humor me this time?"

"Okay, fine."

"Besides," he continued. "It's not just grounders I'm worried about."

"Mountain men?" Thena hit Bellamy's outstretched palm with her fist.

"Come on. You can punch harder than that."

She punched harder, "I still don't know who those are. Was it those monsters from Lincoln's book?"

"Less talking. More fighting."

Thena groaned and continued punching Bellamy's palms.

"This isn't working," Bellamy stopped.

"Yes, because I'm at the losing end of strength, Bell. We need to be strategic."

Bellamy paused, "That's exactly what I was about to say. From what I've seen, the Grounders are large. They rely on strength but it also means they are heavy and slow."

"And, I'm fast?"

"Yes, exactly. You need to use their momentum against them. I'll teach you moves to disarm them and take them out as quickly as possible."

She rolled her shoulders, "Now, we're talking."

"Okay say someone throws a punch or wields a knife at you here, you twist your body to the side and use your arm to shift the trajectory a little," Bellamy demonstrated with Thena's outstretched arm.