25 | Awake

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

When Thena came to be, it was already deep in the night and well into the early mornings.

Her eyelids fluttered open but she closed them once again as the room spun around in her vision. She blinked a few times, her sight settling down.

Where am... what?

She stared at the dropship ceiling: a cold, dark, and grimy piece of metal.

She ever so weakly tilted her head to the right, spotting another unconscious boy lying very still and pale. Does she look like that? she wondered.

She tried to move but felt her left arm being weighed down. Turning to her left, a mop of curly brown hair lay as he held on to her arm while sleeping.

She tried to gauge everything without waking him up. She spotted Miller by her feet and her two favorite science boys sitting by the wall, heads against each other's shoulders. All of whom were sleeping.

Despite her cold body, her heart warmed at the sight.

She tried to get up as quietly as she can. She didn't want to wake up a certain boy but as her arm moved the slightest centimeter, he jolted up.

The boy in question blinked in confusion, his curly hair lay messy on his forehead. He rubbed his eyes while stifling a yawn before lazily looking at Thena.

She stared at him with doe eyes. He blinked. She blinked.

He stared at her for a few more seconds before abruptly standing up, causing the girl to flinch in surprise.

He parted his lips to speak but even with his thought-filled mind, no words left his mouth.

Thena tried to speak to him but could only croak. Before she could even blink, a glass of water was already shoved in her hand.

With the help of Bellamy, she sat up so she wouldn't choke as she gulped it down.

As the cup landed back to the table, a heavy silence rested upon them.

She tried to speak but found that she still couldn't.

She didn't know what to say.

"You're alive."

Bellamy spoke; Thena looked at him but found that he was already looking at her.

"You're alive," he repeated, as if in disbelief.

Thena could hear all the pain, worry, guilt, and pure relief in his voice. She could only give him a comforting smile.

"...clearly."