31 | Grounder Meeting

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"I need to talk to you."

Thena turned away from the drunken group to Finn with a large grin, "What's up, Finn?"

"I need you to come with me."

Her smile fell, "What's wrong?" They started walking away from the rowdy group taking shots and playing moonshine pong.

Finn avoided her eyes, "I... I set up a meeting with the grounders." Thena stayed quiet.

"Lincoln. The grounder from the dropship? I spoke with him. They can speak English, Thena." Finn pursed his lips, looking at her skeptically, "But I suppose you already knew that..."

"He asked for you specifically," Finn said. "He said that you were the only one who was smart enough to figure it out. You might be the only one who can convince them."

Thena thought deeply, "What do you want me to do?"

"A truce."

Finn continued, "We talk to them. No weapons, either sides. Just leader to leader."

She raised her eyebrow, "Finn—"

He cut her off, "We can't go on living like this—with enemies. The moment the ship comes down, it'll be a war. We've lost too many lives and we will continue to lose more if we don't do anything."

They stayed still for a few moments until Thena sighed. "Okay," Thena said. "Okay. I'll do it. I'll talk with them."

Finn breathed a sigh of relief.

"Finn, does Clarke know?"

He hesitated, "I was going to her right after you."

Thena looked at him, "You know Clarke won't like this." He sighed, "I know. But it's what needs to be done. I'll convince her."

"You better. I am not going there without Clarke." She ran her hand through her hair, "When is the meeting?"

Finn looked towards the horizon. "Sunrise. I'll take you there."

"Alright," Thena tiredly sighed. "I guess I better prepare." She started to walk away when Finn grabbed her arm, "And, Thena?" She hummed.

"Do not tell Bellamy."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

Thena stood by the trees looking out into the dark forest pondering. Pondering what she was going to say. Pondering if they should bring weapons. Pondering if they will bring weapons. Pondering if this is a good idea in the first place.

"What are you thinking about so deeply?"

She jumped slightly, "Bellamy." She looked at him for a moment before turning back to the forest.