26 | Grounder Hypothesis

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"Octavia did what?"

Clarke and Bellamy surrounded her, her bed—essentially a table—now a meeting place.

Surprisingly, Thena felt... fine. After the poison left her system, her wound was healing like normal and she could now move around without much pain. Bellamy and Clarke disagrees. The cut was, in reality, small but the poison did quite a number on her.

"She... she cut herself with the knife," Clark hesitated, looking at a fuming Bellamy who was looking off to the side.

"And he gave it to her, just like that?"

"He wouldn't respond to anything we...did..."

Thena stayed silent but what she thought lingered in the air, definitely caught by an intuitive Bellamy.

"We had no choice," Bellamy looked at Thena. "It was either him or you."

Him or you, Bellamy thought. What an incredibly easy choice.

Thena clenched her jaw before muttering, "I get it. Trust me, I do."

"You're okay with this?" Clarke said in disbelief.

"What do you want me to say, Clarke? That we should have asked him nicely? He stabbed Finn!"

"Fear makes people lose their minds. Fearing for the lives of their loved ones... the noblest emotion brings the best and worst of people, Clarke. If it was you lying on that table I'd do that same." She tiredly looked at her lap, "I don't want to die either, Clarke."

"You didn't. That's all that matters," Bellamy trailed his gaze all over her face, from the cut on her forehead to her pale lips and to her warm brown eyes. She was already looking at him.

Clarke nodded in response, "Octavia may have been reckless but at least we got the antidote."

Bellamy scoffed, "Whatever that sick freak wants with my sister, I'm not letting him near her. No way in hell."

"Of course, we're not letting him anywhere near her—or anyone. He's... dangerous," Clarke replied.

"He held out... after all that?" It wasn't really a question, it was more of a statement. Thena continued, "He was never going to give the antidote, then. He was ready to die. There is no way he would help his enemy."

"Everyone has their limits. He's going to break at some point."

"I don't think so."

"Why?"

Thena looked at him, "Because he reminds me of someone I know."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩