32 | Family

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

When Thena was a little girl, her father would hold her hand tightly out of fear of losing her on the Ark.

When she grew up a little bit, he let her run and play with the kids but just in the Alpha station.

When she grew up even more, he let her roam around the other stations.

And when she was 15, she left home. She thought that was the farthest she would be from her father.

Then at 19, she got trapped in a ship that sent teenagers to the ground.

Now this was the farthest she was from her father that she could fathom. Thousands of kilometers away. In the sky and the ground.

Yet, when death came to claim her father, it would be the farthest and closest distance they had yet. He resides in the farthest place she couldn't go and he only now existed in the distance closest to her: the depths of her mind.

There is something about the absoluteness of death.

For the past few years, Thena thought her father might as well have been dead to her. They never spoke, unless you count chance encounters in the Ark.

She didn't think his death would affect her this much. After all, there was nothing that would change what already had.

But subconsciously, the little girl raised by her father hoped, that down the line, her father would come back. He would hug her and say sorry. They would eat the meals together that they lost. He would hold her hand as he walked her down the aisle. He would clutch her child in his arms. She would hold his hand as he took his last breath.

They just needed time.

But death came as it pleased and this time, there was no bargaining.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

Finn and Raven watched as Bellamy and Thena huddled close together. The man was leaning forward, whispering to Thena. They could only make out a few words.

Stay close.

Call me if you need me.

They saw Thena nod as Bellamy kissed her temple before he pulled away, walking closer to the observers.