14 | Grief

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

16-year-old Thena Chen was sitting on the ark floor in between her two childhood friends Wells Jaha and Clarke Griffin.

They currently face a window, overlooking the Earth as Thena was taking a swig out of a bottle. Wells and Clarke looked at her incredulously, wondering how Thena got ahold of alcohol under 18. 

As much as they felt paranoid about getting caught, they were in an abandoned spot in Factory station. Thena knew what she was doing.

These were one of the rare moments where Wells and Clarke were able to escape the clutches of their parents.

"They don't want us to see you anymore," Clarke echoed.

Thena only hummed, having expected it but the pain in her chest indicated how badly it affected her.

"What do we do?" Wells tried. Thena chuckled softly, "We can't really do anything. I won't force you guys."

"That's it? You're giving up?" Clarke asked in disbelief. 

Thena sighed as she took another swig, "Those are your families. I can't put both of you to decide between them and me. I made this choice, I have to deal with it."

"We'll try to sneak to you. We can find a way, right Clarke?" He turned to look at Clarke who nodded.

"And what? They'll notice, they'll find out, they always do. I can't think of what they would do to you guys."

Wells shook his head, "No. This–This isn't the end of the golden trio. M-Maybe just a break? But I—no, this is not the end. I won't allow it."

Clarke agreed, "We'll find each other again. This is not the end of the golden trio. It won't go down that easily."

"We'll always find a way. We'll meet again."

"Always?"

"Always."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

As per usual, when Thena woke up the next day, the camp was already up before her. She looked up to see that the cot where Murphy laid hours ago was empty, to no one surprise.