|12|

"Did I do something wrong?" Spiraea murmured, as she fidgeted in the hallway once Vincent had closed the door. She realised it was the first time she had really crossed the boundary between his work, and their relationship; now that she thought about it, she didn't know if she had done the right thing in bringing Orion. She just wanted to help. 

"Not at all baby," Vincent assured her with a kiss to her forehead. "But, those two definitely need a minute to talk about this." 

"How do you know?" 

"Because it's what I would want if that was us." He answered simply, nuzzling his face into her neck. There was a glint in his eyes as he pulled back to look at the girl mischievously, a dangerous growl to his words as he spoke. "Though I want something else right now..."

"Vincent!"

***

"Orion what are you doing?" Seth stood, going over to the woman, immediately on high alert. His mind worried that perhaps something had happened, or that she was hurt or needed protecting. He would never forgive himself if something were to happen whilst he wasn't around. His arms wrapped around her waist pulling her in closer practically instinctively. "I thought you were out with the girls is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine," She assured the man, her own hands cupping his face to allow the flow of sparks between them.

She watched as he visibly relaxed; he took a deep breath everything loosened. There was something about it that was nice to see, maybe it was because she had watched him for so long, spending most of his days on high alert and now he was in a place where he could breathe. It was miniscule, something most people took for granted every day, and yet it brought Orion the greatest joy to see. 

"What's going on? What are you doing here?" He asked, though this time it was more in confusion. 

"Well I was talking to Spiraea, about being a Luna and I guess I realised that if I'm going to be a good one then... I need to be by your side. Through it all." 

His eyebrows turned upwards, almost in surprise; he was still trying to figure out how to tell her that she would be leading the pack with him, though he supposed he didn't have to anymore. It warmed his heart to think how much she cared for a pack that she didn't know, how much she wanted to do right by him, and how willing she was to just stay. It was reassuring; Seth felt incredibly lucky.

"I want you by my side." He smiled, a dimple poking through on his cheek. His thumb stroked her cheek gently, brushing down her round cheek to her lips. 

Her lips parted gently, and she couldn't help but to sigh against his touch; there was something about the feeling of his hands on her that made her feel alive. Orion couldn't tell who had started leaning in first, but all of a sudden they were like magnets, completely drawn to one another. 

His lips brushed hers, caressing them with his own, and Orion could do nothing but lost in him. The way he smelled, the way he tasted, the way he felt- utterly consumed by him. It never failed to amaze her how gentle he could be, especially when he had spent so much time living in a way that made him seem quite the opposite; though if she thought about it, Orion didn't mind the alternative much either. 

How long had his lips been on hers? minutes, hours, years? Orion couldn't tell, it felt like ages and she didn't have any complaints. When he touched her like that, she might as well have been taken off to some other planet- time didn't matter, not as long as he was touching her, kissing her. 

He pulled back first, resting his forehead against hers, nuzzling his head against hers gently. He would never get used to this closeness he feared, but perhaps that was a good thing, it would mean he would never take her for granted again.