|Description|

"Why?" She cried, her entire world shattering before her very feet. "Why are you doing this?" 

He was not looking at her, a distant look possessed his eyes. This was not him, it was the beast. Her hands clutched her white hair, pulling till she felt a sting in her scalp. She couldn't understand why, she didn't want to understand why he was doing this.

"Because it is my birthright." The man's voice had a dark, sharpened edge to it. 

He thought of the betrayal he had faced at the hands of a man he was supposed to trust, love. Family. The bitterness enraged him; but she could never understand, this rage, this desire to savour ever moment of another beings demise. 

She would never understand how long he had waited, had prayed, for this very moment. He was going to get his revenge, if it was the last thing he did. Seth knew, without any doubt, that he was going to make that traitorous pig bleed. 

"But we're fine here. We don't need anyone else." Orion curled her palms into fists, trying to make him see.

Didn't he see what this stranger had done? He had broken the peace, the calm life that they had been living. 

Orion had always seen the darkness in Seth, but here... in their forest, with their rules, it did not matter. There was no sadness here, but now it would be no more. She looked away from him, her heart breaking with each passing moment that marked the end of their hidden paradise.

This talk of war and death made the girl sick to her stomach, she could see the way it poisoned the man before her in a way that he liked. This evil could consume him, and she didn't know if she could stop it. 

"No we don't." The man took a step closer, tilting her face to look into his own. Any trace of the darkness gone as he gave her a ruggedly charming smile. One of the rough pads of his thumb wiped away the stray tear that had fallen from one of her eyes.

"But there are those out there that need us."

***

Whispers of war circulate the packs, the last hope to avoid war is to find the shadow of the Rogue Alpha. 

Seth Wild has been a rogue for half of his life. His only goals are to get revenge for his fathers murder, and to look after the little white haired girl that he found in the forest. 

After being abandoned at 5 years old, Orion knows nothing more than the simple way of life she shares with her mate in the woods. When a stranger intrudes, he forces them both out of their safe bubble.

Both Seth and Orion must face the tide of change. Brand new challenges threaten their friendship and bond as Seth's past comes back to haunt them both. Between Seths dangerous thirst for revenge and Orion's difficulty to adapt to pack life, hell will be raised as the pair figure out their places beyond the wild. 

"Long live the Alpha."