|15|

"The other main thing that we really need to focus on, is how we're going to stage this coup." Vincent spoke, relaxing once he sensed the determination, strength and raw power emanating off Seth. 

Whilst he was still worried, he knew that since Seth had so many people watching his back, ready to hold him accountable that Seth would manage. Besides he could not worry too much, Seth was their best, if only, chance to resolve this situation without a huge confrontation. 

"Why can't I just walk in and challenge him?" Seth furrowed his brows, he didn't see the point of nor did he like the idea of doing things all cloak and dagger. He had always been the kind of man that was straight to the point, or in this instance, straight for the kill. 

"In part you will." Jaxon spoke up for the first time since Orion and Spiraea had left the room. It was a wonder, Seth had almost though that he had turned to stone; at the very least Fletcher was fidgety or couldn't help making faces and Sean well, he was always ready.  "But if we know anything about Damien, is that he won't hesitate to try and kill you before you can reach him. Especially if he knows who you are." 

Seth's hands clenched into fists; he knew what his uncle was like 17 years ago, it would seem that time had only made him worse. Once again he weighed the notion of giving him everything he deserved and more, because he had so much to pay for. Seth knew without a doubt that he would find a way to make him pay- death was too much of a kindness, and one he didn't deserve. 

"From what Spiraea and Marianne has revealed, as well as some of our own intel that we've collected- over the last 17 and a half years that your uncle has been Alpha, he's only been challenged once."  Vincent spoke, the true weight of this man's power hanging about them  heavily. 

"And we're fairly certain its not because he's a good Alpha." Fletcher mused with a small snort as he leaned against the bookshelf in the office, his fingers dancing over some of the ornaments on the shelf absentmindedly. 

Seth watched Fletcher as he absorbed his words; his uncle wasn't a good Alpha, his uncle wasn't a good man. Part of him wondered whether he could do better- it had been expressed several times that he could end up just as bad as Damien. Would their children be seated here 17 years down the line planning something like this? 

"That's not all." Sean stopped Seth from his trail of thoughts. "The one challenge he did have, wasn't much of a challenge. He will use any means to make sure that he keeps his position."

Only a twisted, power hungry kind of man clung to corrupt power like that. For a moment Seth almost felt something like pity for his Uncle. He probably had nothing left besides his title. Soon he would have nothing at all. 

The force and cruelty of the thought shook him for a moment; it lasted only a moment but the morose delectation left him stifled and practically gasping for breath. There he was, worrying mere seconds ago, that he could turn out like his uncle and now he sat thinking delightfully about his demise. 

Orion's face appeared in his minds eye. It had become a habit of his to calm himself down, he thought about the life they could have when this trouble was done. They might live in a nicer hut, maybe one day they would even have a family. He liked the thought of that. 

They had never talked about having children, at times, she was as child-like as it came. Perhaps in a few years, he couldn't wait for that conversation. The thought alone was enough to sent the corner of his lip tugging upwards, not that it actually moved. He was not his uncle.

Orion's face melted away, replaced by a different woman. She was older, brown hair streaked with grey, pale skin and light coloured eyes that rivalled the blue of his sky. His mother had always been a beautiful woman, even in her older years; she had always told him that he grew far more in the likeness of his father than he ever had hers. He wan not like his uncle, not in any way.