CHAPTER 16

The following morning I woke up with a slight headache from all the crying of yesterday. When I thought about the events of last night, tears threatened to come out but I held them. I stood up and made the bed. I then went to take a warm bath. When I was done, I got dressed in a legging, sweater and sleepers.

I went downstairs and I found the house squeakily clean. I frown and went to the kitchen. I found a covered plate on the kitchen counter. I opened it and the breakfast was shaped in a smiley face. I chuckled and sat down. Surely Ellen was trying to cheer me up by doing this. I ate and finished my breakfast and then drank the juice. I washed the dishes and headed to the lounge.

I found a huge teddy bear with a sticky note that said ‘cuddle me’. on the table there was a pizza with a stick note that said ‘eat me’ and a bottle of wine that also had a sticky note that said ‘drink me’. I chuckled and sat down, cuddling with the teddy bear. I saw a note on the table and took it.

‘I know you are hurting and it’s not okay being alone at such a hard time. That’s why I left bear Neno to keep you company. You are going to be okay. You are strong. You are still that same woman who survived three days without food. You are stronger than any situation you face. Don’t let any break-up convince you otherwise.
Love Ellen
PS I took one slice of the pizza. I couldn’t resist the smell.’

I laughed and opened the box of pizza. There was indeed one piece missing. I closed it and opened the TV. I opted on watching SHAMELESS. What better way to lift up my spirit than watching a comedy?
--

After hours of sitting watching TV and drinking, I stood up and decided to go outside just to stretch my legs. I went to the backyard and sat on one of the pool chairs.

Seema: “wanna talk about it?” I didn’t see her but I could feel that she was behind me.
Me: “not really.”

Seema: “well tough because your goons are here and they have something important to tell you.” right on cue, Jaxon and Kori made their way to the poolside.
Kori: “do you think I can camp inside the pool?” I laughed and shook my head.

Me: “what are you? A water snake?”
Kori: “well I do know how to swim. Just that I won’t survive long in the water without food and air.”
Me: “so what’s up? Seema says you have something important you want to tell me about.”

Jaxon: “Eliz has been taken by the witches and there is nothing we can do about it.” My eyes popped out.
Me: “what? When did that happen?”
Jaxon: “at dawn. She came with her gorillas. She burned something that made almost every animal sleepy. She then took Eliz and left like that.”

Me: “that’s horrible.” I quickly wiped the tear that fell down my cheek. I did not have a strong bond with Eliz but it still hurt hearing such bad news about her because there was no way we could rescue her. “How is Bari taking this?”

Kori: “we don’t get emotional like humans. It’s not in our nature. But we are just angry that, like always, humans somehow always use us for their evil deeds and there is nothing we can do to prevent that.”
Me: “I am sorry.”
Kori: “it’s fine.”

Jaxon: “you don’t seem to be okay. What’s wrong with you?”
Me: “you guys are angry. I don’t wanna tell you more depressing news.”
Kori: “so you are depressed?”
Seema: “she is. She cried herself to sleep last night.”

Jaxon: “what’s going on?” he asked moving closer to me. I breathed out loud. I guessed there was no use hiding this because my state of being miserable was pretty much visible.
Me: “Mehluko broke up with me after telling him about my gift. He didn’t even ask for a break. He just said he didn’t want anything to do with me.”

Jaxon: “son of a bitch. We should pay him a visit.”
Me: “no please don’t. He will think I sent you. He might even get me arrested or get me locked up in a mental institution. Just let him be. He had every right to do what he did. Not everyone will be understanding like Ellen.”

Seema: “you’re too kind.”
Kori: “I was about to say the same thing.”
Me: “please don’t go to him. I beg you. I am not the first nor the last woman to be heartbroken. I will heal and move on.”

Jaxon: “just a few bite here and there won’t hurt. Come on. I know you’re thinking about it.” I laughed because his tone was very amusing.
Me: “no. no bites, no visit, no nothing.”
Kori: “lucky bastard.” I laughed again. I guess they are all I need to heal because speaking to them made the pain in my heart bearable.