CHAPTER 19

I decided to take Mabel to the park and we were with Seema. It had been a week since that encounter with that weirdo Lunelo, Luphelo or whatever his name was. We got to the park and settled down. I gave Bel grapes and I ate mango.

Voice: “I thought it was you.” I turned and saw that annoying guy.
Me: “now I am convinced that you’re stalking me.” he laughed and sat down opposite me. He just made himself comfortable.

Luh: “so how are you beautiful lady?” I rolled my eyes.
Me: “fine.”

‘Seema: “who is he?”
Me: “some annoying psycho.”
Seema: “he is handsome but I don’t trust him. He looks suspicious.”

Me: “I also don’t trust him. That’s why I haven’t given him my name or number.” She laughed.’
Luh: “earth to you miss.” He said shaking my arm.
Me: “what?”

Luh: “am I that handsome to an extent that my presence makes you speechless and distracted?”
Me: “in your dreams.”
Luh: “so even now you are still not going to give me your name or number?”

Me: “I have my reasons so please respect them. I don’t want a relationship or even friendship with you. So please man.” he raised his hands in surrender.

Luh: “I am not fighting with you Miss. Just don’t punish me for someone else’s mistake.” I raised my eyebrow.
Me: “how am I punishing you?”

Luh: “by not giving me a chance to get to know you better.”
Me: “that’s because I am not interested. Can’t you read between the lines?”
Luh: “fine. Fine. I am leaving. But please heal and maybe give me a chance in the future.” He handed me his business card and kissed my cheek. “Bye for now Miss.” He stood up and left.

Bel: “wedi.” I laughed because she meant weird.
Me: “very weird.” She shook her head and continued playing.

‘Seema: “this child is adapting to your talking style.” I chuckled.
Me: “you know how kids are. They always follow the leader.”

Seema: “she is adorable though.”
Me: “that she is.” I looked at Bel and she smiled and waved at me. I giggled and waved back.’
--
LUHLELO
This woman was really fascinating. I mean she had an afro and not a huge ass. She was just a normal woman but she had that effect on me. I was used to dating women who wore weaves and had huge asses. Those Instagram ladies. That’s why I was surprised by being attracted to this kind of woman.

I was surprised by her rejecting me like that. I mean I am very attracting and most women figuratively dropped their panties at my sight. Some even threw themselves at me. But she, she dismissed me like I was nothing and didn’t even give me her name, not even a fake name. I swear it was the first time being rejected like this and it hurt.

I was scrolling down my Instagram when I came across a post that was posted by miss_elle. She posted a picture of the afro lady with that white kid she was with. Her caption was ‘I am blessed to have them in my life.’ She tagged the afro lady and her handle was @_zelomta_. I didn’t waste time. I quickly went to her wall.

It was really her. Her name was Sibekezelo Mntambo. I went through her posts. Most of them were pictures of her with the white baby and a small snake. I think I saw that snake in the park two days ago when I saw her there. I guessed it was her pet snake but she seemed to be so in love with it judging by the posts.

This woman was a black woman so her love for a pet snake was questionable but I guess when you live with white people, you can adapt to their tendencies and some can even make you take care of their snakes. So it was better now that I knew her name. I slide into her DMs and sent her a message but I first liked many of her pictures because I knew that would grab her attention.

After a few minutes she replied with a text ‘PHUMAKIMI’. I laughed so loud and texted back ‘ALLOW ME TO TAKE YOU OUT FOR LUNCH’. She sent an eye rolling emoji and then ‘IN YOUR DREAMS. LEAVE ME ALONE’. I chuckled. At least she was responding to my texts. That’s gotta count as something, right?