CHAPTER 30

We got home, well Ellen's house and went inside. Edward was going to be staying with Mehluko for the time being until he gets back to his feet and Abongile, the girl who was sent to the hospital by her stepmother because of her inheritance, was going to be Masiko's mother’s maid until she got everything figured out. 

I rescued Edward, Abongile and Lucinda because I was closed to them and injustice was done to them. So they deserved to go out there and claim back their lives. We were still wearing pajamas from the hospital.

We went inside the house and there was a welcome home banner and many people gathered in the lobby. They all chanted ‘SURPRISE’ and I just smiled while tears of joy streamed down my cheeks.

Ellen: “oww Zelo.” She was also crying. She came and hugged me. Everyone also came to hug me. There was my uncles and their wives, my younger siblings and mom's younger siblings, Azee and Ellen's friends. It was a full and warm house.

Me: “I am so happy to be back and I am so happy to see everyone here.” I said after finishing with the hugs.

Sumeya: “we all missed you and our hearts tore when we found out what happened to you.” I smiled.

Me: “I am okay now. Anyways these are my friends Lucinda, Edward and Abongile. I met them at the hospital and they were all locked up in there without reason.” The family greeted them. “we would like to freshen up before we eat.”

Azee: “you can come this way Edward.” Eddy followed him and I went to my room with Abongile and Lucinda.

Lucinda and I took a shower while Abongile took a bath. This was so refreshing and it felt like home. When we were done, I gave them clothes to wear and I also got dressed in a white turtleneck and black pencil mini skirt with sleepers. We went downstairs and everyone was seated around the table. We joined them and Bathanda said grace. We then dug in.

Sinesihle: “we are just grateful to God that you are safe and back in your home.”
Nandipha: “yeah. I can imagine what it must've felt like to be treated like a crazy person while you're not.”

Eddy: “it was hell. Especially the pills we took everyday. It was different for us because they would watch us like hawks and made sure we did everything accordingly.”

Mabel was sitting next to her mother. She was looking at me like she was thinking about something. Out of the blue she laughed and shouted Lelo. I guess she was recognizing me.

She tried to climb into the table full of food to get to me. I found that so adorable. I stood up and went to take her. She was talking and laughing non stop and it was just heartwarming.

--
LUCINDA
I walked outside to the backyard. I wanted some fresh air. I went by the pool and sat down on the chair. While minding my own business, an intimidating man with an afro sat next to me.

He had been here when we arrived but didn't say much when people were talking. He had that gangster aura and I had had my fair share of gangsters so I really wasn’t interested in him.

Guy: “the name is Maweza.”
Me: “I am Lucinda.”
Maweza: “you seem troubled. What's bothering you?” 

Me: “we are not friends. So I can't just trust you with my secrets.” He chuckled.
Maweza: “maybe I know a lot about you but I just want you to speak out. Maybe I can help you like I helped find Zelo in the first place.”

Me: “what are you?”
Maweza: “I am just a hacker and a businessman.”
Me: “just a hacker?” he laughed.

Maweza: “an independent contractor. Most people like using my services.”
Me: “so what do you wanna know?”
Maweza: “start from the beginning.” I sighed and started talking.