four; infernal

Wild Life - Jack and Jack

  Now you're talking to the king of the jungle
We got lions, tigers, bears, oh my.  

Lilith stood in front of a small black bag, staring down at the contents surrounding it. She didn't need to pack much, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, maps, blanket and the keys to a car she found out front. She had been looking around the house before finally deciding to pack, she had found a picture of Kai with a girl similar to his age...and kept it. She'd like to remember the guy that she had spent two years with. 

"You're leaving?" Lilith jumped, curse words escaping her as she fumbled to stuff the picture in the bag, quickly piling the stuff on top of it. She felt him move closer, his figure looming over her. "That's a shame," he said. 

Lilith zipped the bag up and threw it over her shoulder, whacking Kai in the stomach. His grunted and moved out of her way, watching as she turned to face him, her eyes showing sadness and anger. "Don't lie, Malachai,"  she hissed. 

Kai smirked at her fiery spirit. "Did you mean to rhyme that?" He chuckled, his nose scrunching up. He let out a sound of approval as she began to charge at him, screaming out curses as her fists hit his chest. He caught her fists mid-air. "Woah, crazy pants, calm down." 

Lilith breathed heavily, tendrils falling over her face as she heaved from the anger consuming her. "Fuck you, Malachai!" She yelled in his face before falling limp in his grasp. 

He let her go, watching as she dropped to the floor ungracefully, curling up in a ball. "Ew, what-what are you doing?" He asked as she began to whimper and cry, her arms covering her face. 

"Go away," she said, her voice muffled. 

"What? I can't hear you?" He crouched to the floor. 

"Go away," she repeated. 

"Sorry?" He began to smile as she peaked through her arms to glare up at him. His smile dropped when she looked away and decided to sit down next to her. "Was my threat too harsh for you?" He prodded her side with a finger. 

Lilith squirmed away from him, her head turning away from him childishly. "I don't like you," she said, her lips forming a pout. 

"I don't like you either," he replied, crossing his legs. "I tolerate you because you're the only other human being in this world and I'd rather keep you close than let you leave," he confessed, his eyebrows furrowing. 

Lilith looked back, her eyes lighter as she heard him say this. "What are you saying Malachai?" She asked through her slowed tears. 

Kai's eye twitched at his name. "I'm saying if you call me that one more time then I'd rather be alone," he snapped before shaking his head, standing up. "I'm not saying anything, go, leave, but don't call me if something happens to you." He bowed at the doorway before slamming the door shut behind him. 

"Prick," she murmured, wiping her wet cheeks. "I don't need a Kai Parker in my life, no ones needs  sociopath in their life, it's how they end up dead most of the time," she hissed to herself, standing up and grabbing her bag that had fallen to the floor. "Excluding Sherlock."

"You are an independent woman, Lilith Black, you don't need to lean on anybody. You can do this," she held a fist in front of her, forming another with her other hand. "Fist bump," she said as she bumped her hands together before running down the stairs. 

She couldn't hear Kai about the house. She caught sight of a pager on the table and walked over to it. She had seen both her mom and dad have one of this, she also remembered being grounded for breaking one of them.