twenty six; incredulous

Guys don't worry, I'm not discontinuing the story, that's just how I felt. I mean, it was so sad to see him go in such a rude way! But no, I would never just stop this book like that. I OWE IT TO HIM!!!

I Really Like You - Carly Rae Jepsen (I don't even like the artist but this song just sticks)

I really like you.

Lilith felt disgusted. She wanted to vomit, wretch and bawl her eyes out. In fact, she'd be ready to tear her eyes out if someone asked her to. What laid in front of her was one of the most volatile things she had ever seen. A dead man, who had exploded in blood. You know who did that.

"Lilly, eat something, I made you it," he said as he drank from his plastic cup. He placed it back down on the table with a grin. "Why aren't you eating anything?" He asked innocently.

"You know why Kai," she huffed, trying not to look at the sprawled out man laying on the table. Her eyes drifted over to the fourth person at the table and saw that she was still knocked out. "Why is she still unconscious? She's a va-" Never mind, she thought as she saw Elena twitch.

"I like this, I like this a lot," said Kai, scooping more food into his moth as he kept smiling at Lilith. "See, we never went out to dinner when I was a kid, so, I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining. Dad actually let me cook... Taught me to measure by eye. Seasonings to taste, all that stuff, but it's different now in the restaurant world. Everything's on time. It's like, the fries go in, you push a button, it dings and you take 'em out. Literally no guess work."

Lilith hadn't listened to him at all, she was too busy watching Elena try to escape from the vervain soaked ropes but she was still too weak to pass of the offending substance.

"Why am I here?" Elena asked, tugging on the ropes once again. Lilith glanced t Kai.

" Uh, well I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants and now I'm showing off the fruits of my labor," said Kai, shrugging his shoulders.

"Freak," Lilith mumbled under her breath, hissing when she felt Kai kick her leg.

"I don't mean the Mystic Grill," said Elena, giving Kai a weird look.

"Oh, you mean like, here here, in Mystic Falls." He laughed. "Sorry, I'm nervous. You're like, really pretty," He jumped when he felt a kick to his shin, sliding a hand under the table to rub his shin, relieving the pain. "Now, now. No need to get jealous Lilikins," he said, winking at her.

She blushed and glanced down before she was gruesomely reminded of the sprawled out body on the floor.

"What do you see in him?" Lilith cocked an eyebrow and glanced up at Elena, gathering the question was directed at her before looking over at Kai who smiled innocently.

"Have you seen him?" Asked Lilith, being truthful as she hinted to Elena what she thought of his looks.

"Awe, babycakes, you're so sweet to me," said Kai, grabbing Lilith's hand that was resting beside the plate. He squeezed, giving her a false loving glance.

"Anyway, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of Mystic Falls and I, I like absorbed it...Like ate it, I guess," began Kai, taking another bite of his food before continuing. "It's cool, huh? First I eat magic, and then eventually, I lose it. But a huge spell like that? I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me, it's all over the place. You know, I didn't quite realize I was out of control until I met the manager of the Grill a few hours ago. And he was all like." Kai began to mock the manager. 'Hey, you can't come in here; we're closed. And you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder.' And then I was like, 'Don't judge me.' And then I gave him a heart-attack-" He gave a look to Lilith who began to cringe. "-tried to, but all I did was make him vomit uncontrollably, which was like, ugh, let's stop that. So then I tried again and I think I broke his spine? I mean, I'm not, I'm not really sure, because the third time I tried the spell, he kinda exploded in blood. Whoops."