nineteen; unctuous

Cool Kids - Echosmith

  Nothing in this world could ever bring them down.
Yeah, they're invincible, and she's just in the background.  

Lilith smirked as she eyed the white iPhone 5 in her hands. She had never stolen from someone before, she didn't think she'd be successful when she stole the phone either but she was and now she was walking around campus with her new phone. Luckily Charlie believed her when she said she had gotten a new phone and even gave her a spare sim she had.

The phone she had stolen was just a shell, the guy she stole it from would never find it. Lilith liked to think of herself as a genius. The only contacts she had in her phone was Charlie's and her friends which consisted of Lorrie, Antoine, Jesse and Liam.

Speaking of; Liam was calling her. "Do you fancy going to the library with me?" He asked as soon as she answered.

"Oh, hello Liam, how are you today?" Replied Lilith sarcastically.

"Oh, so funny, please come with me," he begged. Lilith could hear him breathing heavily, the buzz of the campus talking in the background.

"Sure, sure, I'll meet you outside it," she told him and hung up. She was currently in hers and Charlie's dorm room. She pulled on a pale pink jumper over her shirt and grabbed her phone from her bed. She picked up the dorm key from the bedside table and exited the room, quickly locking up.

Suddenly she felt her breath leave her, falling to her knees as she clutched her neck in pain, hissing out. She pulled her hand back, her eyes widening as she noticed the amount of blood pouring out of her neck.

She scooted backwards, her back resting against the door as one hand pressed against the wound, her other hand grabbing her phone. She scrolled down and dialled Liam's number.

"Where are you?" She asked, trying to hide the pain from her voice.

"Just next to a friend, Elena, are you close?" He asked.

"Elena?" She questioned, the name sounding very familiar, ah yes his new girlfriend and Damon's old one.

"Yeah, Elena Gilbert?"

"Put her on, please," she added, remembering her manners.

"Uh sure," replied Liam, confusion in his tone. She could hear the two whispering one voice more feminine and very confused.

"Hello?" Came a female voice, most likely Elena.

"You're Damon's girlfriend, ouch," she let out, the wound stinging.

"Ex. Are you alright?" She asked.

"You're a vampire, aren't you?" Lilith checked, tears pouring from the corners of her eyes. "Please, help me," she said, scared. "I-I, something's happened."

"Where are you?"

"Just outside of the dorms."

_

"So, Liam asked you to that hospital dance thingy?" Asked Lilith as Elena squatted to the floor, biting into her wrist.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Elena questioned, shoving her wrist against the girls mouth.

"He told me about it, we're friends, obviously," she said, chuckling nervously as she wiped her mouth, feeling the wound on her neck close.

"I don't know why I helped you," mumbled Elena, shaking her head as she sat next to the girl. "I don't know why I do anything."