six; ungodly

Fatal - Motionless in White 

  Encapsulating.
Mutilated our malice, our intoxicated, advocating lust for a cause.  

"I don't want to anymore, Kai!" She cried as she woke up, she looked around at the fire and fallen debris. She glanced over at Kai to see him pulling a shard of glass from his stomach, throwing it to the floor. 

"Yeah, well we are," he groaned, standing up from the ground whilst clutching his stomach. He moved around Lilith, not bothering to help her up. He was more concerned about the plane, the very broken plane, that was currently on fire. "Suctus Incendia," he mumbled, the fire distinguishing immediately. "What do we keep doing wrong?" He said through gritted teeth. 

"Maybe the fact that we're not licensed to fly a plane," Lilith pointed out, coming up to stand behind him. Luckily Kai had the right mind to pick a small plane to practice with, soon they we're going to run out. "Isn't there a guide in the compartments just in case?" She asked, stepping over parts of the plane. She bent down and looked through the piles of paper that had been protected from the crash. 

"Look I've self studied for a long time," said Kai, squatting down next to her. "Playing all those games doesn't just 'melt your brain'," he scoffed, his hands forming quotation marks, imitating one of his aunts. 

Lilith let out a quiet chuckle, reading one of the manuals in the pile. "I think this is it," she said, passing it to the whining male next to her. "Ooh, I found another one, I'll read this, you read that," she said and sat down next to him. 

Kai snorted and threw the manual to his side, ignoring her orders. He leaned back on his palms, watching her as she concentrated on the words, tilting his head. 

"I think, that instead of pushing the control wheel forwards, we need to pull it towards us," she said, her voice unsure. "Yeah!" She exclaimed, turning to Kai who was now interested. "Raise the nose of the airplane by pulling the control wheel towards you," she read. 

Kai held up his palm towards her, letting her high five him before jumping up and grabbing the book from her hands. "Let's find another plane then," he said, walking away from her to the remainder of Portland's airport. "How about that one?" He nodded his head in the direction of a small, red plane. 

Lilith walked over to where he stood and checked the plane out. "I guess so, I just want to go see New York when it's empty," she told him. 

_

"It's beautiful," Lilith whispered into the cold air, her breath carried upwards by the wind. It had taken them five hours to arrive to New York, Kai landing on top of a building like he was a pro all along. He definitely took it as the chance to boast about himself. Now the two of them stood close together as they looked around the empty streets of New York, the lit up billboards showing the solar eclipse. 

"Everyone just keeps yammering on about this solar eclipse," groaned Kai, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Hey, you fancy climbing the Empire State building King Kong style?" He winked. 

Lilith let out a hearty laugh and nodded her head. "Yeah, sure," she agreed, following him as he grinned excitedly. 

"You're King Kong though," he teased, looking over his shoulder at her. He saw the look of horror on her face and let out a snort. "I can't be him, I'm the beautiful one here," he defended himself. 

"Yeah, you truly are a graceful young woman," she retorted, nudging his side with her shoulder, giggling all the while. 

"And you're the hairy beast," he finished. The two chuckled quietly as they walked down the streets of New York, soon enough the State building was stood proud and tall in front of them. "You have any idea how to climb a building this big?" He asked, looking up at it.