Birdie

You prepared to leave for Marley the next day.

It was a stressful process really. Everyone was tense and snappy. Probably because the last time Eren had been to Marley he'd killed hundreds, maybe thousands of people, and there was no way they could let that happen again. 

"I don't know what we couldn't have just done the ceremony on Paradis." You'd heard Hange mumble to themselves as you boarded the ship. 

You sighed and made your way to the bow of the ship, feeling the cool ocean breeze run through your hair and rustle your blouse. You were unsure of where else you were supposed to be since no one had told you. Everyone was to preoccupied with keeping track of Eren to bother to tell you where to go, not that you minded. It was nice to feel a certain level of freedom, especially since you had a feeling you wouldn't get too many moments like this after tomorrow. You sighed, talking a deep breath of cool, crisp air in to calm your nerves.

After the wedding.

"Hey birdie.

You started as you suddenly heard a deep voice rumble in your ear. You felt a sudden weight on your shoulder and looked back to see Eren bending down to rest his chin on your shoulder, giving you a very bored look. 

"E-Eren." You gasped, feeling your face heat up and your heart accelerate (from fear of course ;)). Why was he so close?! You could see every fleck of green and gold in his eyes as they flickered over your face. 

Eren smirked, "They're all staring right?" he asked, you could feel the vibrations in his throat through your shirt. 

It took you a second to realize who he was referring to, but once you did you glanced back to where the soldiers, assigned to watch Eren, where watching the two of you with their jaws dropped. You blushed, looking away. "...yeah" You whispered. 

Eren chuckled. 

"Hm hm." Hange cleared their throat. 

Eren rolled his eyes and turned to face the Commander, finally releasing you. Your cheeks were still on fire. "Yes?" He muttered boredly. 

"Glad to see you two are getting along... well." Hange noted with surprise. Eren narrowed his eyes at that and you cough, shrinking into the wooden railing a bit flustardly. Hange paid you no mind and continued. "We're all set to depart, please follow me to your cabin where you'll spend the majority of the journey." 

You and your soon-to-be husband followed the Commander across the deck and down into the belly of the ship.  The cabin was a dimly lit, metal room consisting of two built in benches and a single table in the center of the room. 

The perfect place to keep a titan. You thought as a chill ran down your spine. It was a very real reminder of the danger you could actually be in... Your eyes flicked up to Eren who was sliding onto the bench on the far side of the cramped room. He wore dark clothing and his long hair concealed most of his face. His body slouching carelessly like he wasn't a prisoner aboard this ship, perhaps when you had the kind of power he did you couldn't be kept prisoner anywhere...

"Keep moving." One of the guards grumbled, breaking you from your thoughts and pushing you into the room after Eren.

The boat rocked and you tripped falling onto the hard bench. "Oof!" You hissed. Suddenly you felt a strong arm wrap around your hip and pull you closer. You froze. 

Eren.

His solid frame was now pushed up right against you and you could practically smell his scent of winter and musk. You tensed, glancing up nervously, your heart pounding in your chest. 

"Don't you think you should be a bit nicer to my bride?" Eren smirked, pulling you closer as he glared at the soldier by the door. 

Eh? Your face turned bright red. 

Hange gave Eren a dark look, analyzing him for a second. "We'll be casting off soon, stay seated for now." They muttered, and then briskly exited the room. 

You felt Eren's grip on you loosen slightly. 

It was going to be a long ride... 

Hi hi! Just wanted to say thank you so so much for all the reads and the votes! It means a lot to know that someone out there is enjoying my writing! :D 

And happy (late) Transgender Day of Visibility! Stay safe out there! 

You are valued and you are valid! <3

-author :)