Pawn

Because now you know what you have to do...

You ride with Eren and the soldiers to a smaller base near the beach, where Zeke, Flotch, and Yelena are already waiting. The group files into the small tent wordlessly and soldiers secure the perimeter, keeping a close eye out for boats coming from the ocean, or scouts coming from the trees. 

The prospect that there could be others near by, Eren's enemies nearby, both excites and terrifies you, but with after what went down today, what Eren proved himself capable of today, the Scouts and El Mundo are the only two options left for saving the World. 

"Who is this?" Yelena demands gruffly, eyeing you with the careful reservation of a snake, but her gaze focuses on the wrapped cloths around your neck, no doubt stained red at this point. 

Your steps hesitate under her dark gaze, you doubt that you are supposed to answer that directly, as you are just a pawn in this game, but the intensity of those dark brown eyes makes you feel cut right to the soul by her words. 

Eren's presence looming behind you is enough of an answer to your question as he herds you toward a seat at the table. You quickly notice that there are only four seats at the table, splayed with various maps and documents, no chair for you. You almost open your mouth to ask when your feel to strong hands grabbing your hips from behind. 

You know it is Eren, but perhaps that's what causes panic to course through your veins. His warm hands pull you back gently by the waist into his lap. Your fight or flight instincts are screaming at you the second you make contact with those enchanting emerald eyes, but you will yourself to settle into his lap. You will yourself to not jump away when his warm hands reach up to adjust your neck bandages, the same searing warm hands that put them there in the first place.

"That's Eren's Marleyan." Flotch explains lingering by the door with a know-it-all shit eating grin on his face you want to slap off it. As if that were a substantial explanation. 

The blonde woman glares you down from across the table and you can see the mistrust cross her brown eyes the second the word 'Marleyan' falls from Flotche's lips. She eyes you for a moment before sitting back in her seat. Perhaps the wounds on your neck and the possessive way Eren holds you makes her let it go. Makes her dismiss you as a threat to their security. 

Her mistake. 

You think to yourself. 

Because as the four most deadly threats to humanity scheme in the desolate room of their private conference space, they disregard the fifth member present.

A person who has seen and felt things in the last sixth months that they'd never previously dreamed, nor feared. 

And now a person who is done playing the role of a pawn. 

You listen carefully to their conversation and lie low for the next few days, keeping your eyes peeled for any sign of Scouts or soldiers. The bloodied wounds on your neck and the sunken look in your eyes seem to prove to people that you are broken, that you are helpless, that you are weak and have no where to go.

And you play the part to perfection. 

The Jaegerist's words fall like candy on your ears as they form their plan to stop El Mundo. Dangerous and risky candy. 

When General Magath has asked you to serve Marley by marrying the nation's greatest threat, never in a millions years did you imagine you'd find the nerve to also spy on him. 

A spy. 

Is what you'd become. 

But not just that, you were also the worlds only hope now that General Magath had spilled his secrets for your life. 

"I say we just do the rumbling before they can activate it." Zeke hisses, setting his coffee down with forced restraint. "It won't matter what kinds of bombs they have when they're all dead and the ground beneath them in nothing more than ruin and ash!" 

Eren stares blankly at the table before him. He'd been doing a lot of that recently and it scared you. Scared you that he'd figured you out. You fidget in your seat. 

"Mr.Jaeger," Yelena starts slowly, turning to Eren, her eyes filled with the same sense of psychotic wonder they always had whenever she looked at him. "perhaps we could just speed up th-"

"I'm not doing it until all potential obstacles are out of the way." Eren growls lowly, his emerald gaze slowly lifting from the table, they meet Zeke's eyes, then Yelena's, causing the two to flinch. Flotch lowers his gaze quickly, knowing better than to challenge a maniac. 

Eren had a long history of betrayal and recklessness, even his own brother wouldn't risk catching him on the wrong day. 

You shiver. 

"That's final." Eren snaps, his tone daring anyone to challenge him. 

No one does.

...

Sorry for the sort of cliff hanger but I thought I should just go ahead and publish something since it's already been a week. XD

Hope this chapter wasn't too dreadfully boring!

Also if you guys have any requests for my pairing for my next book lemme know! No promises but I'm taking inspiration! I'm thinking maybe Draco Malfoy, Bakugou Katsuki, Armin Artlert, Modern!Eren AU, or maybe something else entirely, still not sure :P

Have a good one!