Goodnight

(^cuz why not :P)

...but he doesn't.

He doesn't do any of those things...

Instead Eren kisses you hard, catching you off guard. You fall back onto the mattress and he falls with you. 

Eren's mouth is hot and aggressive as he explores yours. "You are so sweet birdie." He mumbles against your lips as he pulls himself closer to you. His hands find your wrists, holding them down on either side of your head. 

You feel a rush of adrenaline pulse through you at the sudden escalation of things, but before you can't find it in yourself to kiss Eren back, he pulls away, but only by a couple centimeters. 

"Y/n..." Eren whispers, his vibrant emerald eyes locking onto yours. You feel the sense of feeling in your body dissipate, leaving only the thumping of your heartbeat as those enchanting eyes intoxicate you, claiming your system at their mercy. Eren leans down, firmly taking your hands into his own. The breath catches in your throat as his lips gently trace over your skin. "The world will pay for what they've done to you..." He growls. "for what they've done to us." 

Your mind goes blank of any words as Eren presses another firm kiss to your quivering lips before he releases you, but the look in his eyes let's you know that you are anything but free...

You are his.

Eren stands and stalks around to the head of the bed. You watch him with wide, cautious eyes as he slips off his jacket. Eren's calm movements only set you on edge more, a coyote stalking around a rabbit. 

You watch carefully as he slips his jacket onto a nearby hanger, crawls back onto the bed. You sit up slowly to keep him in your range of vision as he slips beneath the covers. "Birdie?" Eren smirks, you straighten quickly, eyes wide with alert as you try to figure out what he wants from you, and whether or not he will harm you. 

Eren grins as he watches you through partially lidded eyes, showing that he doesn't even need to keep an eye on you, he just finds your skittish behavior amusing. He lies with his head rested against his palm, elbow propped up on the pillows. "You comin'?" Eren muses, patting the bed beside him. 

You gulp, realizing what it is he wants, but you slowly crawl to lay beside him nonetheless. He smells nice, like winter and a campfire, but you still keep your distance. Eren blows out the candles and the two of you are suddenly plunged into mute darkness. The thumping of your heart suddenly seems louder now that there is no light to distract you. You almost scream when you feel two strong arms wrap around you but you force yourself to calm down. 

It's just Eren...

Just good ol' Eren... Jaeger.

Eren pulls you closer into his chest, his grip on you strong, and he nestles his nose into your neck. At first you tense up, back eventually you manage to relax a little bit more, melting into Eren's warm body heat. 

You can't help but feel safe and protected. Like the titan you'd once feared would tear your world apart, would now tear the world apart... for you. 

It's a thrilling notion really, but you know you shouldn't push it. Just because you're here now doesn't change the fact that you're still his prisoner and he kidnapped you. You take a deep breath in through your nose, smelling Eren's sweet, musky scent. 

But despite all the things you know you should remember, and all the reasons you know you should be afraid, you can't help but shove those thoughts away and melt into the darkness. Into this little world, where it's only you and Eren in the night, with nothing else but the sound of the crickets outside and Eren's gentle breathing. 

"Goodnight birdie." Eren mumbles, his deep voice soft against the silence of the night. 

You purse your lips slightly and nuzzle into his chest before speaking the first words you'd said in a very long time. For the first time in many long, painful weeks, you feel safe, and even more importantly, you feel wanted.

"...goodnight." You whisper. 

...

That was painful to write XD

My question for you: who was your first character/fan crush and are you still soft for them?

I ask because mine was Legolas and Kili from The Hobbit and I rewatched it recently, which was a really weird experience haha

Speaking of which I am now working on a Tolkien (The Hobbit/LOTR) book which will hopefully be ready to start publishing soon, but we'll see. Stay tuned if that's something you'd be interested in :)

Love you all, take care!

-author <3