Church Bells

The sound of church bells had never been so foreboding. 

The air is still, the court yard silent as you arrive at the church the following morning. You are glad to wear the lace veil they gave you, that way you don't have to return anyone's stares as you walk by. You clutch your bouquet of flowers nervously.  

General Magath joins you at the door. "You look lovely, A/n." He praises, placing one hand on your shoulder in what should be a fatherly gesture. It is not. 

You simply nod numbly, glaring at him from under your veil. If it weren't for him you'd probably still be sitting in the library, reading a book or something, and never having to think of anything beside what to read next. But no, it was not the General's fault that this duty needed to be fulfilled, it was Eren's. 

You sighed, locking arms with the General as the grand doors flew open, music spilling out of the building. Nobles, Eldian and Marleyan alike, filled the seats, their eyes all turning to you. Soldiers lined the walls as well, but your attention was elsewhere as you descended the isle. 

Eren watched you as you approached. He was wearing a suit which complimented your dress perfectly. His hair was slicked back, and you felt your heart flutter. 

Despite all that he'd done, Eren was still undeniably handsome. 

The General's arm slips from your own and you make your way up the steps to stand across from Eren. 

"You look nice, birdie." Eren grins, throwing you a playful smirk and you blush. 

The rest of the ceremony goes by in a flash. There's a speech about unity and peace, which is a reminder about how little this wedding actually has to do with you. And some vows, which were all simple enough. And then suddenly there is a ring on your finger and Eren is towering over you. 

The room goes silent as his nimble fingers lift the veil and you look up to see his emerald eyes staring into yours. Eren bends down to kiss you, a little harder than before. His lifts are soft against yours, molding together passionately. 

Then he pulls away and you find yourself become lost in those enchanting, possessive eyes again, almost so much so that you don't see group of Paradis soldiers sneak out the side door.

But you do.

You see the nod one of them sends Eren before doing so, a tall man with short red hair and a wicked face. Dread pools in the bottom of your stomach, but you brush it off. This is a wedding, there are people everywhere anyway. They're probably just helping prepare decorations for the after party or something right?

You look back at Eren to see that he too had become distracted, but his gaze quickly returns to you. He places a quick kiss to your hand before turning to face the crowd. 

Your gaze remains on him, he promised no one would get hurt. He wouldn't lie to you, right?

The Priest continues merrily.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife!" 

You feel a wave of nausea hit come over you.

Ok, ngl that was a lil boring by my taste but things are gonna go WILD in the next chapter, I'm so excited! 

Love you all!

-author