Promises

The car came to a stop and Eren climbed out, taking his own sweet time. He sent you one last look with an expression on your face that surprised you, though you couldn't quite place it. Longing? Disappointment? Hatred? Before you cloud place it the man had turned back, leaving you confused. Eren brushed away the buzz of guards that swarmed him with a glare as he made his way down the walkway toward the large building you'd been parked in front of. You felt a shiver run down your spine.

The next time you'd see him would likely be at the alter.

People led you out of the car and into a different building to fit your dress and whatever else had to happen to make it look like this was a real wedding. You had to admit it was exciting to finally have all that attention to yourself though, and your dress was gorgeous, all the seamstresses could agree, but that didn't change the dull, gray feeling following you. 

The looks the seamstresses and other staff gave you were enough of a reminder, and by the way they'd always look away whenever you turned to look at them.

A dead girl walking.  

After a long day of fittings and pitiful looks, you were finally released to go to your room. You sat infront of your vanity trying to untangle the complex knots they'd tied in your hair. The slightest creak of the door was all you heard. 

You glanced up quickly as a tall figure emerges from the dark end of your room. "Eren." You gasp softly, your eyes widening as the man seemingly materializes before you. 

"Ms.Devine." He acknowledges, like he hadn't just snuck into your bedroom in the middle of the night. You watch him carefully through the mirror as he makes his way across the room. Eren stops behind you, resting his hands on your shoulders casually. 

It does not feel casual as your stomach twists. 

"Aren't you supposed to be in your room?" You mutter softly, not wanting to anger the titan behind you, keenly away of how close his powerful hands are to your throat. Not like he'd need to though.

Eren chuckles lightly, a soft, hollow sound. "I don't see how visiting my soon-to-be bride is a crime." He mutters lowly. 

You glance down. "All of Marley is on lockdown tonight, if you really want this treaty to happen you wouldn't test the leash you're already on." You whisper, you know you're breaking barriers right now, sticking your neck out on the chopping block but the words are out before you can stop them. 

Eren chuckles, this time his laugh is more hearty, giving you a warm feeling inside that makes you blush. "I am not the one on a leash, birdie." He sits down on the bed behind you before glancing up at you again. "I wanted to talk to you, before tomorrow." 

What is there to even say? 

You glance down at your hands nervously. You bite your lip. "Will people die?" You ask quickly. It was no secret that if Eren wanted to attack Marley again, tomorrow would be an opportunity not to throw away. But sitting beside the monster, the man, in your candle lit bedroom, you can help but feel a flicker of hope that maybe that wouldn't be true. 

Eren stands up and you watch in the mirror as he slowly leans down over you, his hand resting on the back of your chair. "A/n," Eren breathes, his hand slides onto your cheek, guiding you to look at him. 

His emerald eyes are suddenly only inches from yours and you feel your heart catch in your chest. "I promise you," he whispers and you feel the breath leave your lungs as his lips suddenly brush against yours. 

As quickly as it starts its over, you open your eyes to see Eren staring at you intently, holding you hostage with his enchanting gaze and for once you've forgotten how to breath. 

"No one will be hurt." He promises, his voice deep, stirring your insides.

^pick out your wedding dress number or feel free to use a different one/make one up

^pick out your wedding dress number or feel free to use a different one/make one up. whatever you like! :D

Sorry for the delay, things got hectic but I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day!

-author <3