Lies

You wake up to a soft humming beneath you. You are on the floor. It is cold and metal. You open your eyes slowly to see that the walls are sloped and the room is narrow. 

An airship. 

Damnit. 

"Glad to see you're finally awake, sleeping beauty." A sarcastic voice comes from the opposite side of the room. You look up, eyes wide. 

Flotch.

Double damnit. 

But thankfully his attention is elsewhere as the door slides open. You gasp as Eren enters the room, ducking under the doorframe. His suit from before is now tattered, and steam emerges from his exposed skin beneath. His hair has been broken from its slicked back form and is now wildly tossed over one eye. 

Eren's emerald eyes meet yours for a second and you freeze. 

"Everything went according to plan I presume?" Flotch asks, leaning against the wall opposite to you. 

You let out a shaky breath as Eren's gaze shifts to the red haired man instead. "Yes." He mutters lowly, his voice deep and eerie. You curl up in the corner, hoping to avoid the attention of the people in the room.

Zeke Jaeger and a tall, blonde haired woman enter the room moments later, they drag along a person with a fabric bag over their head. A hostage. You cover your mouth to prevent a gasp from coming out.

What the hell is going on here?

"Alright then, mission success, I've got the General, Yelena did what she needed to do. Let's get this show on the road!" Zeke chuckles, his voice sounding almost sinister echoing off the tin walls of the room. 

It is then that the badges and uniform of the hostage become familiar to you. General Magath. You choke back another gasp. Your eyes shift from him to Eren and back. It'd been only a couple hours ago that the General had led you down the isle to Eren. If only you'd known this was where you'd be a couple hours later because of it. 

Zeke drags Magath out of the room, followed by Yelena. Flotch hesitates to leave but one glance from Eren and he's out of the room. Now it's only you and Eren left. You freeze. 

Eren sighs before sitting down on the bench opposite to you, clasping his hands loosely in his lap as he turns his attention toward healing himself. 

"What happened?" You peep softly, still not ready to uncoil yourself from your protective position. 

Eren juts his chin toward the window. "Come see for yourself." He smirks. 

Slowly, cautiously, you make your way toward the window, keeping a careful eye on the titan in front of you. You look out the window and gasp. It was worse than anything you could have ever dreamed of. 

Smoke and fire fill the night sky. You barely recognise the ceremony hall anymore, now crushed to ruins. You feel your gut twist as you turn to the man beside you, who is now nonchalantly analyzing a scrape on his palm, making it fade into a puff of steam. "You... you did this?" You gulp dryly, feeling the nausea set in. 

Your body tenses as Eren slowly takes your wrist in his hand. His touch is ice against your skin. He gently pulls you onto the bench beside him. You don't dare breath. "I did what was necessary." Eren mutters softly, pulling you closer. 

You look up at him slowly, his big, green eyes looking down at you. You feel your heart flutter with your face so close to his. You blush, looking to the side. "You lied to me." You mutter, bitterness seeping. 

Eren had promised you no one would get hurt. He had smiled to you at the alter. He had vowed himself to you and put that damned ring on your finger and yet here you were, looking down at your homeland in chaos and smoke, all because of him.

"And I saved you." Eren mutters, reaching up to brush your hair behind your ears. His eyes bore into yours and you feel a chill run down your spine. 

It scares you, because it's true.

So many people died today, but you did. He went out of his way to make sure that you stayed out of the fight zone. And you still have no idea why. 

A part of you wants to believe it's because you're special to him. That he wants to keep you around and keep you close just because you're you. That maybe the vows he'd said earlier that day had meant something after all. The thought sends your heart pounding, but you have to push it aside. 

You're being held captive, you know you can't be that naïve. 

"What are you going to do to the General?" You breath softly, eager to change the subject. 

Eren's eyes darken. He brushes his hand tenderly across your cheek on last time before he stands. "Whatever I have to do." Eren growls, and then exits the room. 

You tuck your knees into your chest, looking after the door Eren had exited through. 

Please go easy on him.

Thank you so much for 1.2k! Never thought this story would get this far! Thank you so much for the votes and comments! It really makes my day and motivates me to keep writing, even when I don't feel like it! <3