Part 4: Stormy Eyes

As the boat cast off, Eren remained unphased, staring dully at the wall across from him. You on the other hand were still freaking out, wondering if your heart would be able to handle the next couple hours squashed up against Humanity's Most Wanted. 

He jacket was soft against your bare arm and he smelled of winter and death. It was a strange scent really. Indescribable and yet it made every hair on your head stand up and ever nerve in your body buzz with adrenaline. 

A tin-y knock echoed off the metal door, and a couple seconds later Commander Hange opened it, revealing themselves once more. They slide onto the bench across from you and Eren. Eren gave them a bored, loathsome look making you squirm just by seeing it. 

Hange however, was pretty unphased, easily returning Eren's stare. They must be used to it at this point. You shuttered, glancing down at your hands. You didn't think you'd ever get used to it. 

"Ms.Devine," Hange cleared their throat, their gaze cutting to you. "perhaps you'd like to check out the top deck. I need a moment to speak with Eren if you don't mind, in private.

Eren narrowed his eyes, clearly annoyed at whatever Hange wanted to talk about. You quickly got up from your seat, eager to leave the tense environment. You were careful not to trip again as you stood up on the shifty boat floor. 

Eren released his arm from around your waist as you moved. "Try not to get lost, birdie." He muttered lowly as you left, a slight teasing tone to his voice, contrasting with the evil look he was giving Hange. You blushed, quickly closing the door behind you. 

Once you got to the top deck, you made your way to the bow of the ship, giving yourself a better vantage point of the little world that went on in and around the boat. Waves crashed and lapped at the bottom of the ship and the ocean air licked against your face, cool, fresh, and free. Setting your hair free to take flight in a flurry behind you. 

You turned back to analyze the soldiers assembled on the deck. It was odd that the soldiers stuck in such tight clumps, sometimes even glaring at each other. Even the Paradis soldiers seemed feral to each other. 

Before you'd left Marley, General Magath had told you that there'd been some sort of internal conflict between different parties on Paradis, something about a group called the Jaegerists. Perhaps that hadn't been resolved as much as the world had wanted to believe. 

"A/n Devine right?" 

You were broken from your thoughts as a small, blonde man approached you, with a taller man beside him. They both wore upper ranking Paradis uniforms adorn with two wings on their shoulders.

"Yes." You nodded, trying your best to offer a polite smile. 

"Eren's fiancé if I am correct?" The blonde man asked.

Why the hell else would I be here? You thought sourly but nodded once more. 

"I um, I just wanted to thank you personally." The blonde boy blushed, fidgeting with his hands slightly. "What you're doing, for the sake of peace is really admirable!" He gushed, his big blue eyes lighting up as they met yours. 

He was so cute.

"My name's Armin by the way, and this is Jean." Armin smiled, reaching out to shake your hand.

You shake his hand. "A pleasure to meet you." 

"No one thought that we'd be able to get out of this in one piece." The taller man behind Armin chuckled grimly. He had peach hair and slightly resembled a horse. "Eren really is a loose cannon." 

"He's not that bad." You reply back with a chuckle. 

Jean gives you a wide eyed stare and Armin goes quiet. "Armin and Mikasa were his best friends since childhood, and he beat them up and left them for good." The Jean snaps. 

Your eyes widen. "What?" 

Armin opens his mouth to respond but suddenly a dark aura storms across the deck, making everyone dip their heads in fear. 

Eren marches across the deck, soldiers leap out of his path, parting like the ocean. Hange chases after him but they're no match for his long strides. 

Eren's piercing green eyes meet yours for a millisecond before he turns and makes for the ramp leading onto the port, as the boat had just finished docking. "Let's go birdie." He snaps coldly sending shivers down your spine as Eren slinks off down the walkway without a second glance. 

Armin and Jean give you looks of sympathy as you race after Eren, your legs moving on their own accord. 

You glance up at the tall buildings before you, nothing like the ones on Paradis or anywhere else in the world, and yet they are strangely foreboding. Reminders of terrible memories you wish you could forget. 

Welcome home...

Heya beautiful people! Heads up but the next week is going to be pretty hectic for me so updates may be irregular, but I'm trying to get a head start on them now! 

Hope you all have a fantastic day/night!

-author :D