Chapter 37

Day 1

Both of us were panting heavily, sweat was dripping from our tired bodies as we stared into each other's eyes. Slowly, a smirk found its way to my lips as I looked down on him.

"What's wrong? You sounded so confident a few minutes ago. And your energy is completely worn out, only after three rounds. You've gone a bit weak don't you think? Akuma." Akuma raised his head to look at me as he tried his best to catch his breath.

"What can I say? We haven't practiced like this in a long time." He pushed his body up and got into a fighting position again.

"Aww. You have to be really brave. Challenging me again I see. Well then..." My hair covered my face as I picked up my sword and pointed it at him.

"Shall we begin?"

Time skip

"I give up. There's no point." Akuma threw himself on the ground, already losing interest in fighting with me again. I leaned against my sword and giggled.

"Serves you right! The only thing you do is sit in your room all day covered in books and reading half of them. I was actually surprised when you agreed to practice with me." I smiled at him.

"I deeply apologize, my Queen. From now on, I'll be sure to give you more of my attention." He jokingly said making me laugh a bit.

"Please do. I'd like that." I began to walk towards him.

"Are we inviting Isamu and Mirai as well? Or you want to be alone with me?" Akuma looked at me with half-lidded eyes along with a small smirk.

"Woah! Woah! Since when are you like this?" I kneeled next to him with a smile. This was the first time in years Akuma said something like this. He caught me off guard a bit, but I didn't show it.

"I've caught it from Mirai. Blame her." He sat up with closed eyes.

"That's 100% a lie. My dear Akuma, just what are you reading in those books? Or even better, what are you writing in those books?" I smirked and lightly punched his shoulder. He chuckled with a hint of blush on his cheeks.

"Everything but. Anyway, where are Mirai and Isamu?" Akuma looked away from me.

"Trying to change the subject, huh? They're babysitting my boys." I stood up giving a hand to Akuma who gladly took it.

"Sukuna as well?" He asked. I looked up at him before turning around.

"No. He's somewhere outside." I said, picking up my towel and wrapping it around my neck, then, picking another one and throwing it at Akuma. He easily caught it.

"You mean, you don't know where he is? And what he's doing?" Akuma asked again. I wiped away the sweat that I had on my face before speaking.

"No."

That was my answer. After that, Akuma didn't ask any further. I was still a bit pissed at Sukuna after our last argument. Now on, Sukuna was a bit more distant. But I didn't think much of it, at least not now.

"Shall we go see Mirai and Isamu?" I smiled at Akuma who nodded. We began to walk outside to the garden, all four of them supposed to be there. And they were.

"Mom!" As soon as Amuka noticed me, he ran towards me and hugged me.

"What were you doing?" I asked, smiling at him while picking him up and carrying him to the rest.

"We've been playing hide and seek!" He gave a bright smile. I ruffled his hair.

"How was the practice?" Isamu asked. I chuckled before smirking and giving the side-eye to Akuma.