Chapter 47

(Third person pov)

(Y/N) opened her eyes and looked to her left. Seeing the throne of skulls, she knew where she was.

"You made a pact with him." She mumbled. Loud enough for Sukuna to hear. Itadori was peacefully lying beside them. Sukuna didn't answer, meaning that she was right. (Y/N) turned around and what she saw surprised her.

Sukuna was on his knees.

"Please... Forgive me..."

There was a long pause. (Y/N) stared at him with a mixed expression. He couldn't tell what she was thinking or how she felt. But he continued.

"Let me fix my mistakes..." He lowered his head, looking at the ground. (Y/N) was surprised. Not because he was apologizing... She was surprised that he had the guts to actually ask for a second chance.

"Let me ask you... Do you actually think that you can fix what happened?" She asked. Turning her body to face him. 

"I can try." He answered. For the first time, he heard her laugh. This made him look up at her. She had her hand on her face as she laughed. Once she stopped, she looked at him through her fingers. Instincts told Sukuna to look back at the ground.

"That's right... It's good that you're scared of me." (Y/N) said while walking a bit closer to him.

"Did you feel anything when you killed our child? Did you feel anything when you were the reason that my loved ones and our children died?" She asked. Slowly, getting more furious. Sukuna gulped.

At first, he didn't feel anything. But then, when he saw the Queen again. He felt something in his chest. He couldn't tell what it was... He knows now.

"...Please..." He mumbled. Taking her hand in his while looking up at her. She saw the guilt in his eyes.

"I promise... That I'm never going to betray you again. So please, give me a second chance." (Y/N) stared into his red eyes before she pulled her hand away from him.

"Make promises to yourself. Nobody. And I mean nobody gets a second chance. Not with me." She said. Sukuna looked back at the ground. Afterward, he was left alone. He gritted his teeth.

Even if it was hard to believe. Sukuna did feel guilt for what he did. He was the reason why his children died. And now he pays the price. And so, just like that, he made a promise to himself. That he's going to win her back and love her truly and wisely.

(Y/N)'s pov)

"We have a bit of time before the appointment with the principal. Did you want to stop anywhere?" Ijichi asked Gojo who was sitting next to me in the car. I was resting my head against the seat while they talked. 

"It's fine. I'll show up early for a change." Gojo answered. Slowly, I opened my eyes.

"Stop the car." Gojo said. Looks like he felt it as well. Ijichi then pulled over and Gojo told him to go without us. We stood still. I looked around a bit, trying to find out where we are.

"Now..." Gojo spoke. Unbothered, I looked behind me and saw a curse jumping at us. The curse jumped in the middle of where we stood, both of us jumping away. I observed the curse closely.

"Who are you." Surprisingly, the curse ignored me and charged at Gojo. I watched as Gojo got blast away by the fire.

"That was easier than I expected." The curse spoke. I looked his way.

"You really think that?" I tilted my head to the side. A small smirk appearing on my lips. (Okay but like... One of those smirks that Tsukishima Kei did? Yeah, that's something that I imagined.