Chapter 3- Wedding

Rudra's pov:
I squeezed shut my eyes trying to numb the excruciating pain in my head. Everything is a mess right now my present and possibly my future too. I gulped down burning bitter alcohol, I was at a club owned by my buddy.

"So finally she got what she was yearning for so long," my friend Kiran said, mockery dripping from his voice. I furrowed my brows and stared at him in confusion.

"Ananya, she always had a crush on you ever since she was in high school, and now with the help of her brother she trapped you. I knew she was thirsty for money and fame ever since she was a teenager but I never thought she would do such a thing. Bravo" he added bitterly, I was confused, did she truly have a crush on me? I don't know. I have always been ignoring her because she was my biggest distraction. But is she capable of trapping someone let alone was she brave enough to put shame on Kapoor's family? I don't think so. But at the same time, I cannot ignore Kiran's words.

Her brother who I considered my brother betrayed me if he said he was in love with Natasha I could have convinced my father and uncle Ajay but he didn't instead he continue to date her behind my back. Practically, they were cheating on me, they made a fool out of me. I'm sure if that paparazzi didn't leak their photo I would have married her and they would continue to cheat on me. I never thought they would stoop so low, I can't believe I'm going to marry that bastard's sister. Who knows maybe she did plan all this I can no more believe them. I should not let her near me and should be careful around her. I feel sorry for uncle Swaminathan for having such cunning children

But what if Kiran is wrong, he never liked Arjun and Ananya in the first place. Urgh, It's too much I can't take it anymore I wish Karthik was here with me he could have cleared all my doubts. But he is busy informing the priest and others about my new bride-to-be and then he had to fly to Canada as soon as possible. There is some issue with his business there. Anyway, I should not trust Ananya and stay away from her as much as I can.

Wedding Day
Ananya's Pov

Within a blink of an eye, Appa, and Arjun arranged everything needed for me to become a bride. That day itself they brought a bridal saree for me and amma stitched my blouse within 2 hours since she was one of the best seamstresses. All I did yesterday was stand there numb and lost. Anu was happy that I was finally able to get married to my long-term crush or should I say, my love. Anyways, I can't feel happy like her, something in me saying this is not right. This is not how my marriage is supposed to be happening but what can I do life is full of surprises. And now all I can do is go with the flow. Yesterday uncle Vignesh released a statement stating that Rudra's real bride is me not Natasha and news about Rudra's and Natasha's marriage is false Uncle Ajay did the same thing, he finally had to accept Arjun as his future son-in-law.

Today is the wedding day and I'm not prepared for it. Amma and anu draped the heavy bridal saree over my body. I never wore such a heavy dress so I struggled a bit and my make-up is done by Anu's best friend Revathy, she is a makeup artist for popular celebrities. When I stared in the mirror I couldn't recognize the woman who is staring back at me. She is gorgeous, I can't believe that woman is me I think it is the magic of makeup.

"Chechi, Don't you think everything that happened yesterday was God's decision? I mean how that picture leaked and Subadra grandma suggested to marry you off to Rudra Anna (older brother), right?" She asked as she beamed in happiness however, I couldn't reciprocate her happiness. This is all wrong that's the only thought floating in my head right now.

"You look so pretty my sweety" I heard my amma's voice and turned towards her. She was wearing a light pink saree, and even though my mother is a middle-aged woman she was glowing like a teenager, no one can be compared to her beauty. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit her beauty but my younger sister did. I forced a smile, but my heart dropped when I saw tears in her eyes. "Amma what happened? Why are you crying?" I panicked. Anu and I rushed toward her.